College Stress

I had a landlord that specified "no pets" and he loved my chameleon. I don't even think he regarded her as a pet...

But keep your head up. Things get better, and even if you have to rehome them, make sure you can get them back.

I agree. When I lived in my apartment in GA there was a no pet policy, but I had a red eared slider and still took him with me and had no issues even after the property manager seen him. I think what they mean is Dogs, cats, fairest etc. Hope your stress will ease a little. As far as your dad is concerned maybe you should have a chat with him. GD luck. :)

Thank you Flux, I've been putting a lot of though into it. I'll be sending some geckos off to Franie in Wisconsin for babysitting and will be looking around locally to see if anyone wants geckos. It makes me sad to do so but I suppose it's for the best. I'm going to have a hard time doing it, that's for certain. I wish it wasn't so hot, too! It is past shipping time, it will hit 95F today and I will have to wait to ship out once it is monsoon season or Fall again...

Kansas I just like to be on the safe side, I have bad luck. :x

Thank you Flux, I've been putting a lot of though into it. I'll be sending some geckos off to Franie in Wisconsin for babysitting and will be looking around locally to see if anyone wants geckos. It makes me sad to do so but I suppose it's for the best. I'm going to have a hard time doing it, that's for certain. I wish it wasn't so hot, too! It is past shipping time, it will hit 95F today and I will have to wait to ship out once it is monsoon season or Fall again...

Kansas I just like to be on the safe side, I have bad luck. :x

Hey Syn, don't you have those geckos that bark at night? Maybe is better if someone keeps them for you. You have to take College seriously and you have to get good rest...when you get a chance, and noisy geckos keeping you up and paying attention in class to get good grades, not a good combination. Just adding my two cents...

Daddy's just fearful for his little girl, trust me on that one! I hope my girls never drive!

Enjoy being young, young stress is more fun than old guy stress! :p

Atleast your not going grey! :D

Hey Syn, don't you have those geckos that bark at night? Maybe is better if someone keeps them for you.

Rofl, if the geckos keep you awake, your own farts will! They're not german shepards! :D

Daddy's just fearful for his little girl, trust me on that one! I hope my girls never drive!

Enjoy being young, young stress is more fun than old fart stress! :p

Atleast your not going grey! :D

Drive!?? If I had girls that would be the least of my problems jojackson! You know what I'm saying? :D

Actually, it sounds like Daddy's being a bit of an ass. I have a 16 year old girl, so I know whereof I speak.

Even if she had to go on his insurance (which, as she knows, she doesn't) it wouldn't cost that much. While our daughter is opting to wait until she's 18 it would have only cost us about $400 a year to put her on our plan. That's a plan that costs us about $800 per year for the two of us...so, she would just be another adult.

Many people assume that adding a teen will mean some sort of geometric increase in cost.

It won't. At least, not unless the kid proceeds to do bad things, then it will likely go up astronomically.

Eltoru, I get what you're saying, but frankly, driving is scarier to me. Bad driving decisions can mean death. I'd much rather be raising an unexpected grandchild than grieving a daughter.

Drive!?? If I had girls that would be the least of my problems jojackson! You know what I'm saying?....

Eltoru, I get what you're saying, but frankly, driving is scarier to me. Bad driving decisions can mean death. I'd much rather be raising an unexpected grandchild than grieving a daughter.

Bingo! Spot on Eliza! Mind you I keep a big stick handy for local lads! :D

No M16, no ak-47, no glock 9mm, nothin, zip zero nada!
Only police, military, security and farmers, oh, and crims ofcourse!
The rest of us make do with baseball bats! :)

Based on Syn's concern for the animals she adopts from bad homes, I think we can say she's quite responsible.

In fact, unlike most teens, she has many pressing reasons to stay alive.

On the scaring the boys...the conscientious in my house is I'm scary enough without a weapon.

Hey Syn, don't you have those geckos that bark at night? Maybe is better if someone keeps them for you. You have to take College seriously and you have to get good rest...when you get a chance, and noisy geckos keeping you up and paying attention in class to get good grades, not a good combination. Just adding my two cents...
I've always had issues sleeping, and not because my tokay is noisy (he is not). Simple fix: sleep with ear plugs. Tadaaa.
There maybe more to this, like how do we know Syn is really a responsible young girl? ;)
Oh I dunno, instead of putting it off last minute I am looking for solutions. I walked to the post office from my house to go turn my FAFSA papers in because someone else who said they would kept forgetting. :rolleyes:
Based on Syn's concern for the animals she adopts from bad homes, I think we can say she's quite responsible.

In fact, unlike most teens, she has many pressing reasons to stay alive.

On the scaring the boys...the conscientious in my house is I'm scary enough without a weapon.
I'm quite scary, I'm a soccer player, how much scarier can you be? :D And a goal keeper at that!

i live in north phoenix and i wound be happy to take you reptiles from you. also, there are plenty of apartments near the campus (asu)that are affordable. i know people rent out there homes. you just have to keep an eye in the paper. let me know. you can always email me at [email protected]

Our landlord said no pets but when I asked about Chams and other reptiles she said they were just saying no pets for loud animals such as dogs. Most places are more than ok with reptiles, just make sure your crickets don't run rampant lol

Syn, I'll concede you are probably as scary as I am. Scary is good, right? I was just suggesting that it was not necessary for my husband to wield a gun in order to scare away a bad boy...heck, my daughter (who's about your age) would do it and probably be meaner than I would be about it (because, I would use high faluten words to cow him, she'd just cuss like a sailor at him).

i live in north phoenix and i wound be happy to take you reptiles from you. also, there are plenty of apartments near the campus (asu)that are affordable. i know people rent out there homes. you just have to keep an eye in the paper. let me know. you can always email me at [email protected]
Hi Sarah and thank you so much for the offer. :D I will keep you in mind when I am making final decisions. :)

I'll give you a finder's fee if you find something near GateWay that allows pets on a student's budget! :p I wish I knew what my budget was already so I could start making plans. Don't have everything in to me yet. All I know about so far is my athletic scholarship...
Our landlord said no pets but when I asked about Chams and other reptiles she said they were just saying no pets for loud animals such as dogs. Most places are more than ok with reptiles, just make sure your crickets don't run rampant lol
Right, I've made a few calls and said "are reptiles considered pets," they say yes.
Syn, I'll concede you are probably as scary as I am. Scary is good, right? I was just suggesting that it was not necessary for my husband to wield a gun in order to scare away a bad boy...heck, my daughter (who's about your age) would do it and probably be meaner than I would be about it (because, I would use high faluten words to cow him, she'd just cuss like a sailor at him).
I don't cuss like a sailor, I tend to bleep out half of the word. It makes people laugh but when they least expect it HEADSHOT... no not really. I'm not a violent person... sometimes. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom