Cold weather help

Lawlessjc

I have had a panther Chameleon (Elaine) since June. My house is always drafty and very cold. Having an issue keep her warm. I live in a desert so during the day temps are fine it’s just the night time. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Ps New to the forum but I have read quite a few postings.

I have had a panther Chameleon (Elaine) since June. My house is always drafty and very cold. Having an issue keep her warm. I live in a desert so during the day temps are fine it’s just the night time. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Ps New to the forum but I have read quite a few postings.
As silly as it may sound i wrap a small blanket around the back and 2 sides. I've used panels of plexiglass as well to block out the cold. Ceramic heater may be your best bet.

If the house is drafty, make sure that her enclosure is away from the worst of it. If it's unavoidable, wrapping whichever side(s) the draft is coming from with a heavy plastic such as a shower curtain will likely help. They're also great for retaining humidity and overspray! I have my shower curtains attached with velcro for easy removal as needed. If your temps are at or below 50F, a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) is recommended to keep overnight temperatures closer to the 60-70 range.

If the house is drafty, make sure that her enclosure is away from the worst of it. If it's unavoidable, wrapping whichever side(s) the draft is coming from with a heavy plastic such as a shower curtain will likely help. They're also great for retaining humidity and overspray! I have my shower curtains attached with velcro for easy removal as needed. If your temps are at or below 50F, a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) is recommended to keep overnight temperatures closer to the 60-70 range.
Thank You!! The Velcro is great tip!

Back
Top Bottom