Coccidia... Help and cleaning advice. Please..

I'm so worried about the permanent damage from this coccidia to me and my chams, I clean my cages every other day, my chams don't like it much but they are clean!!!

Me too Tony... I am a very emotional person and hold on to things. Losing Bahari has really rocked my world and broke my passion and love for this hobby. I struggle daily with it. Part of me wants to pull away from the forum and the hobby because it hurts too much to think about the fact that I could not save him. Then there is the other part of me that tries to push the hurt aside while being mindful of the fact that I can give back to this community. Everyday I try to find my joy and passion again. I am still not able to move forward with getting another Panther. Not yet anyways. I have been offered quite a few now from different breeders. I am still stuck, scared, and sad. But being as how I am such an emotional person if I stay in the emotion of it then I will not be able to function.

So I remember him as a beautiful Nosy Be Panther. Colors that I never could have imagined. I adored him. His name Bahari meant Ocean in Swahili. I wanted him to have a special name and found the most individual one I could for him. I still cry even though I put on a brave face with everyone here.

I tell my clients that emotion is energy in motion. Feel it and it'll pass. Dampen it and it'll rear it's ugly head the worst times. There is no right way to grieve. I, personally, am very glad you're still on the forums friend!

I'm so worried about the permanent damage from this coccidia to me and my chams, I clean my cages every other day, my chams don't like it much but they are clean!!!
It is not just about cleaning cages.... You have to be mindful of your feeders and keeping them clean. Then do routine fecals to ensure that no contaminated feeders have come in. You have a larger collection so this is where making sure you have a quarantine space for any new chams is important so you can get them tested prior to adding to your cham room.

Not being confrontational here, but my thoughts:

So dubia roaches . Com where she gets them is all infected? Wouldn't this be out by now from all the other people that order from them? That's why I said, the poop would have to be smeared on them(regarding them being a carrier). Immune systems will still fight off foreign objects/pathogens/etc I guess I don't know for sure to say, but I just haven't heard of a case of coccidia ever coming from roaches, if it did, I'd expect the whole batch to spread it, but that doesn't make sense since her other cham is fine. And the amount of time that she's had the animal wouldn't make sense to have full blown coccidia already. We can jump through whatever hoops to blame this on the feeders, but the fact of the matter it is VERY unlikely. I guess that single dubia would have had to eaten or touched infected feces... I'll stop posting here though, I don't want drama on this thread, just hard for me to hold my tongue at times...

It's important to know the source so you're not reinfecting obviously...

@cyberlocc I respect you a lot, if we want to discuss further I'd be happy to have a friendly PM chat with you, no hard feelings of course.
Can dubia roaches carry the coccidia? Can they do so if it came from the crickets? (mine just got diagnosed so curious as I still have dubia but threw out all the crickets (released them into the wild)

Back
Top Bottom