coastal silkworms

bleudolphin

I ordered silkworms from them on the 17th. When I orderd some from mulberry farms I had them in 2 days. I had them shipped priority USPS because I couldn't afford to pay more then $36 for shipping. I have to work then next 4 days and I don't get home til 7pm. I do have a cover porch. But I wanted to be there when they arrived. I do understand that they are in FL. and I am in Oregon. But I wasn't expecting them to take this long. Is this normal. I think I will have to go back to buying from Mulberry farms. What has your experience been?

did you get a letter from the post office to come get it. i ordered from mulberry farms too, and i had to go to the post office to pick them up. i guess it was to hot so they made me go get them.

You'll probably receive them Monday. If Saturday was a business day, they probably would have arrived Saturday. Some things happen in transit that just doesn't have any bearing on the company whatsoever. If you don't receive them buy Monday, I'd be concerned.

When ordering live food from any source using priority mail, it is best to do so on either Monday or Tuesday. That way you should receive the package(s) before the weekend. Some companies do not ship later in the week for this reason.

Thanks for your imput. I will wait til monday. If they have not arrived I will give them a call. I wanted to use 2 day but that would have been $76 for shipping.

I live in Ca. and when I order I do it on Monday and I usually get it in 3 days. Once it took 4 days but thats why I order on Mondays.

Live feeders should never be shipped out past Tuesday unless they are overnight. The seller should have told you so.

The worst is ground shipping. Sometimes you get it in 2 days from across the country and others you receive in 7 normal business days which are a lot closer.

I haven't ordered from them for a while, but as I recall they email you when they ship. Check their website to see their shipping days/policy. They may only ship M & T and if they ship Wed. it would be if they get the order by a certain time of day (and it may need to be ordered on Tuesday) as there would be a cut-off in order to get them posted, and of course there is the 3 hour time difference, so don't be too upset if they don't ship until Monday. I am sure they do not ship after Wed. regular mail. Mulberry Farms may have been a better bet since they are your neighbor and you may have been able to call and asked if they would ship Friday so you could have them Monday. Coastal has good quality so when they arrive you'll have good food! :)

Back
Top Bottom