Clingy has a roomate!!

Ren

Baby # 2 has finally arrived, Clingy was hatched on Aug16th, this one appears to be female as well, I cannot believe the size difference between the two, will get pictures for everyone tomorrow....

pics-pics-pics-pics-pigs-pigs-pigs o srry just read lord of the flies:D congratz how many eggs were there alltogether hope they all turn out to be healthy little neo's.

I'm so excited for you Ren! It was great to sign on after not checking this site for a few days (my husband had knee surgery on Monday) and seeing your posts about the new girl and boy :) How many more eggs are left? I'm joining in the chant for pics, pics, pics.......post those pics! You know, I actually like the name Clingy as a permanent name for that first girl :)

newbaby.jpg
[/IMG]
Newbaby002.jpg
[/IMG]
here is baby#2
3rdbaby003.jpg
[/IMG]
3rdbaby008.jpg
[/IMG]
Baby # 3 and Finally the Male that didn't make it.
Didntmakeit.jpg
[/IMG]

He seamed to have hatched out of the side of the egg, I don't think he was hatching as this egg was 3 times the size of the rest... it was like the egg busted and he wasn't ready... my wife said it happened earlier today and when i got home i took him out of the sack and tried to clean him up and he was alive... i kept trying to give him water, he took a little and after a hour or so he gave up.... we have 5 eggs left from this clutch... wish us luck..

So far 2 females and 1 male.... Clingy the original my be a permanent resident of the house..and we have 5 more eggs left of this clutch....

Too bad you lost one of the little guys. I have a feeling that in the wild, only a tiny percentage of the eggs ever hatch and even fewer of them live to become adults....guess that is why they lay so many eggs....

I love the picts. Keep them coming !

Yeah Ren......I think you were right about the egg busting open before the baby was ready. I had a similar thing happen with an Ambanja egg this week. The shell was super thin on the side in one spot. I was in the process of removing a hatchling that hatched out of a different egg. All of the sudden this egg with the super thin shell sprung a leak on it's side. It squirted out the clear inside fluid. The neonate did not slit the shell or try to get out so I opened it up. It still had a lot of yolk material in the shell and was clearly not quite ready to hatch. It died later on. I have had several "premature" hatchlings make it though. I wad up some damp paper towels and put them into a deli type egg incubating container with holes punched in it. I try to leave the neonate in the egg with the head exposed. I put it on top of the damp paper towels. I cover it with a little bit more damp paper towel so the head area is free and exposed but the rest is covered. If the neonate is out of the egg I do the same thing. They are usually in a prone position and don't move too much. This keeps any remaining yolk or nutrition moist. Then I just leave the neonate alone and let it rest. I keep the container in the incubator. I don't try to give it any water or try to make it wake up. I let it rest and absorb as much of the yoke as it can like it was still in the egg. They usually remain like this for a couple of days and then they wake up and start moving around. Then I move it to the hatchling cage. I then start misting. They usually wait until the next day to start drinking. Eggs like that would never have had a chance in the wilds of nature. Great pictures by the way :)

Ive got 2 eggs there are sweating pretty good right now...I figured they would have hatched out in the night, but now the wife has to take over watch of them today, we don't want any re-occurrences of yesterday's setback... there is one more egg that was just like yesterdays egg as well and we are taking special watch of it for any signs...and about the pictures i only wish my camera was better, the pictures look good in the viewfinder and then turn out blurry or just plain crappy..... time to upgrade...thanks again everyone..

Sorry, been caught up... here are a few new pics of the new setup and the babies....6 girls 1 boy 1 egg..
Newbaby004.jpg
[/IMG]

cannonpictures158.jpg
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom