Climbing the water drip

camimom

Alright so this is by far the funniest thing Camo has done. I have been gone since 10 am this morning, (it is now almost 11) I just got home and after pottying a puppy and feeding the cats, I checked in on him. He was awake just chillin mid level of his cage. So i put in a couple crix in his bowl, then misted the cage. I decided to try to poke a hole in a cup and let it drip down system because I haven't actually seen him drink.
After puncturing the cup and placing right in front of the branch he was on, it began to drip,well sorta spill (hole was a bit too big for drops, will modify tomorrow)
Anyway, Camo was at the top of a stick,and after deciding that the water wasn't going to attack him (he puffed up real big, well as big as a 3 week old gets) and decided to try to either catch or climb the falling water. He held onto the stick with his back legs, and pawed at the water, like he wanted to grab it, but couldn't.
He ended up not drinking any of it, but he opened his mouth for a sec, which is a new thing for him. (only seen him open his mouth once when he caught two crix at the same time)
After the water ran out, he folded his front feet on top of each other (like a prim and proper cham) and quickly curled his tail and went to sleep.

Just had to share that before I go to bed.
I',m gonna try it again tomorrow and see if i can record it cuz it is too funny. and man does he hate when a water droplet falls on his veil. he shakes his head side to side like a mad man until the water comes off.

Night cham parents! :D

They are very entertaining. and scary at the same time. I wish animals could talk so they could be like i need food, i need water, my toe hurts, this bug tastes funny, does it taste funny to you?

Why would your chameleon be awake at 11 pm? Do you have lights on in the room or cage or something? Also, you should not feed your chameleon at night. They need their lights to digest their food and there should not be any lights on in their cages at night. Do not mist your cage at night either. You want it to dry out!

They are very entertaining. and scary at the same time. I wish animals could talk so they could be like i need food, i need water, my toe hurts, this bug tastes funny, does it taste funny to you?

You go ahead, I am not tasting bugs even for my chams.:eek::eek:
I do enjoy all the antics of our chams. But that is normal.:D:D

Why would your chameleon be awake at 11 pm? Do you have lights on in the room or cage or something? Also, you should not feed your chameleon at night. They need their lights to digest their food and there should not be any lights on in their cages at night. Do not mist your cage at night either. You want it to dry out!

The only reasont my light was still on at 11 pm was because I have been gone all day long and i had just gotten home. no one else was here to turn it off. I gave him the crix in his bowl, but he wont eat them,
( gave them mainly so he would have them in the morning, he sometimes wakes up before ive gone in to turn on the light.)
Normally its lights at at 8-8:30, but I had two doc appointments then dinner with my hubby (who lives 2 hours away during the week)

Oh and I misted just a little because I hadn't misted since 10 am. thought he might be thirsty, he wasn't, just wanted to play in the water like a lil kid.

ANd I have no intention of tasting bugs, but i can imagine if chams could talk, they would eventually say something like that? kinda like humans this smells bad, what do you think? 'hands smelly moldy item to person.

oh ok sorry! Some people do not realize that it is lights out at night for these guys to sleep. I know it is hard when you have to be away all day. Didn't mean to sound nasty if I came off that way. Just looking out for your little guy!!!

Not a problem. I understand. Yea normally i turn on at liike 8 and turn off at like 8. Just being gone all day through of the schedule. and he was so not happy about that. As i went in the cage to clean up some dead crix he got a bit puffy at me, like 'mom' i need to go to sleep! you left me all alone.
oh, and he always looks perpetually sad. the corners of his mouth turn down.

Not a problem. I understand. Yea normally i turn on at liike 8 and turn off at like 8. Just being gone all day through of the schedule. and he was so not happy about that. As i went in the cage to clean up some dead crix he got a bit puffy at me, like 'mom' i need to go to sleep! you left me all alone.
oh, and he always looks perpetually sad. the corners of his mouth turn down.

But me missed you and he loves you. All is well. My babies get a bit testy but I know they love me.

You should invest in a timer. It's just way easier that way and more helpful for your cham so they get a normal routine. They aren't really expensive (unless you get the one I did) and just the piece of mind that your cham is ok while you're way is worth it.

I actually hadnt thought of that. I'm Sure I wold have eventually, but I've only had Camo for like a week. I will def look into getting one. Thanks for the idea!

p.S. I'm gonna try to get a recording of him playing in the water and post it on youtube. when/if i do Ill post it here too!

Its just too funny to not post!

Back
Top Bottom