Clarification question about feeding panthers

Tiana

So I understand that you are supposed to feed panthers 3-6 months of ag 10-12 small crickets daily, 6-12 months of age 10-12 medium crickets every other day, and adults over 12 months of age 7-10 medium-large crickets every other day. How do you guys go about doing this? do you put all of the crickets in at the same time and hope your panther eats them or do you do a couple at a time? Also, I have repcal herptivite and repcal with d3 (the pink and blue ones). What schedule do you recommend for dusting with these?
Thank you:D

So I understand that you are supposed to feed panthers 3-6 months of ag 10-12 small crickets daily, 6-12 months of age 10-12 medium crickets every other day, and adults over 12 months of age 7-10 medium-large crickets every other day.

a good guideline, but you dont need to take it literally; some days they'll eat like pigs and some days they'll be brats and only eat a little bit. You might even have a cham who randomly decides to go on hunger strikes for a couple days at a time.
whatever the case, variety is key, I believe some of the more experienced cham keepers recommend that any given feeder should only comprise about 1/3 of your chams total diet.

In general, try to feed your chameleon earlier in the day, so it has a chance to bask and digest. If youre worried about it not finding and eating everything you can try cup-feeding.

Multi-vit should be roughly twice a month, D3 supplementation will depend on your UVB bulb and sunlight exposure, calcium depends on your feeders. In general the most common feeders (crickets, roaches, supers) will need a calcium dusting w/o D3, high Ca feeders like silkworms, butterworms, and phoenix worms dont need a dusting

I was told that the calcium without d3 should be/can be used every feeding. Also, like was said, the hornworms/silkworms if you do dust them, die pretty quickly from the dusting I have noticed. Also, shouldn't you possibly increase the vitamin or calcium supplementation slightly when they are babies since rapid growth to fuel strong bones? I mean like maybe once a week as opposed to every two weeks?

I have also noticed, that if I take hornworms out and feed them lettuce to gut load them, they seem to die in a few days then, where when they have the chow they do fine. I have been wondering, the chow that comes with them, does that require further gutloading? I have used the bug burger chow before for them and no issues.

Back
Top Bottom