Clarice has a bump on her arm

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
Noticed a small bump on Clarice’s arm, under the skin. It is under the skin and only visible when the skin is somewhat taught. Her coloration is darker then usual as she just laid a clutch of eggs 2 days ago. Haven’t noticed any bumps elsewhere and her activity level is normal (other than normal recovery from laying).

I planned to schedule a vet checkup for all 6 of them in 2 weeks but will see if I can get an appt for next week. Just curious what ya’ll think. After some searching it looks like a variety of possibilities. Bacterial, Viral, etc. Just curious what I could potentially be looking at.

00355BD6-B8D9-4F68-BA9E-D5013A76C811.jpeg

Chameleons are prone to cysts but seeing as it's very uniform and small and could potentially be something else, a vet visit is smart.

I checked out a few pics of her in a similar position, just before she laid / dug, and I don't see the bump. I'm going to give it a few days and see if anything changes, as I'm wondering if she may have bumped or injured herself digging. I think that is very unlikely, just by the perfect shape of the bump, and lack of any other signs of trauma. Still going to the vets, just not going to panic yet.

Back
Top Bottom