Citron Cockatoo

Pretty bird! If that was Doodle, you would be missing most of the edge of that counter. LOL
well if I wasn't at work right now I would show you what she did to the other side of the counter!!! :mad:She got out of her new cage one day when I was just going to walmart and climbed the drawers to get on top of the counter....the thing is she destroyed the top two drawers....made everything fall off the counter top (and break of course) and ate the roll of paper towels! It was all just her way of telling me she hated the new corner cage I spent 1000 dollars on! Needless to say she won that battle....old cage rules!

Chamelisa.....Doodle is very pretty ! I thought long and hard about a cockatoo; however the Greys won me over a little more so.

I hear you there!!! I have a blue and gold Macaw named Pico....when I get home it sounds like we live in a jungle!!! Here she is hanging out on the counter trying to figure out how to get down! She doesn't know how to fly!!
IMG_3792.jpg

Gorgeous bird! My second fav!

Sounds like morning here and when I come in!! 3 African greys (20yrs, 2yrs, 8months)......my next is a Macaw :D if there is a next.

Just make sure it is really something that you want...they live forever!!! I had a friend who had her grandmothers Macaw!!! I guess I better start thinking who I will pass Pico to when I die! If you do choose to get one make sure you handle him/her a lot!!! It can be very hard to undo just a short time without handling (Pico was given to me and the lady who had her the first 5 years of her life didn't hold her and she was mean!) It took almost 6 months of getting bitten and forcing myself on her for her to come around! Now she won't leave me alone!

Large birds do tend to live long, so you must be dedicated and have a plan if something were to happen to you. All but one of my birds are rescues and have come from every end of the country. I have one that was "owned" by a man that passed away. He is def. a mans bird and thinks I am only good for feeding him. Otherwise he is in love with my boyfriend. :rolleyes: I work with a bird rescue and we see a bit of everything.

Back
Top Bottom