cicadia

naich

so i found one in my pestacide using front yard...he has a busted wind so the cham could get him easily...but should i feed him...they only live for a about a week so no mouths cause food is usless when your created to fly buzz and breed. should i just wash him down with water and feed to cham......do you think he has parasites...i also have a bearded dragon...the cicadia is the size of the chams head too....will it be too much...or is it just not worth it at all?

this is a cicadi...http://www.jwrider.net/photos/2004/thumbnails/cicadia.jpg

Sounds a little too big for your cham, if same size as his/her head. Is there a squash factor with them, or are they hard shelled bodies.

a cham could brake it in half in under 6 chews but its a little harder then a super wprm...i cant let it go(the wing thing)ill feel bad as it struggles to move so if i cant feed it ill just keep it til it passes or feed it to a neighborhood squirl.

well i let him go and id sayb that they just are too hard and too big...i can catch freshly molted ones at night...is it worth it then to keep it over night and feed it in the morning...they live off tree sap underground so if i catch one at night them would have eaten nothing in the outerworld(they cant anyway)

is it worth the risk of parasites?

is it worth the risk of parasites?

Only you can decide that :)

I use wild caught grasshoppers and moths and other things fairly regularily. But I also pay attention to chameleon weight, attitude, appetite, etc, have fecal tests done, and am willing to pay for medications as needed - and I guess that means I'm willing to put the chameleon through dealing with parasites and medications.

Luckily for me (and the chameleons) I've only had one parasite issue (pinworms) in all the years of keeping chameleons.

Now that I've gone and typed that, Murphy will deliver illness to all :(

I have fed them to my melleri and oustalet's .They are the only two species i keep that can handle them . Not only are they big but they have very powerful wings if you ever get the chance split one between the wings it almost looks like vertebrate muscle pretty meaty!I would remove the wings for panthers or veilds though.

Back
Top Bottom