Chuck Norris is coming!! Husbandry check...

Lpsouth1978

Avid Member
The time is finally here. I will be picking up my new chameleon on Saturday. Yes his name will be Chuck Norris! :)

I just want to get a final husbandry check to make sure everything is perfect for his arrival.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 3 month old Panther male - Sambava x Ambilobe
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Don't have yet
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I have a Dubia roach colony and will also be feeding BSFL, Blue Bottle Flies, Crickets, and the occasional hornworm. All crickets and roaches will be gutloaded using carrots, turnip, collard, and dandelion greens, sweet potato, apples, etc, as well as Bad A$$ Bugs dry food. I plan on feeding him basically as much as he wants for now till he grows a bit.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I have Retical w/D3, Reptical w/o D3, and Hertivite. I will be dusting w/ Reptical w/O D3 @ every feeding, w/D3 everyother Sunday, and Hertivite on the other sundays
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a Mistking System w/2 nozzles. I am using a modified Naturalistic hydration approach. I mist @8am for 1 minute (shortly before lights on, just to wet things down for the morning dew), noon for 3 minutes, 10pm for 1 minute (an hour after lights go off), 2am for 1 minute (just as foggers turn on).
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? None yet
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Reptibreeze XL 24x24x48
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 24" T5HO w/Zoomed Reptisun 5.0, 2x Yu Meil 6500K LED Pool Bulbs for plants and basking
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75 cage floor and 80-82 basking w/ 72 at night. I measure temps with digital temp/humidity combos throughout the cage, digital temp/humidity w/individual probes, and a laser temp gun
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Ambient humidity = 45%, maintained using a room humidifier, Daytime = 50-60 with bumps to 80 after misting. Nighttime = 100% using misting and Foggers.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have 6 live plants - 2x Golden Pothos, Schefflera Arboricola, Brumilead, Spider Plant, and Dracaena. I also have a number of manzanita branches and 12 ft of Flukers vines.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?The cage is in my bedroom, there is an air vent about 8ft from the cage, but does not blow directly on it, and a ceiling fan in the room. the top of the cage is about 6.5' from the floor.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Phoenix, AZ

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Just want a husbandry check

20200709_082424.jpg

The time is finally here. I will be picking up my new chameleon on Saturday. Yes his name will be Chuck Norris! :)

I just want to get a final husbandry check to make sure everything is perfect for his arrival.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 3 month old Panther male - Sambava x Ambilobe
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Don't have yet
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I have a Dubia roach colony and will also be feeding BSFL, Blue Bottle Flies, Crickets, and the occasional hornworm. All crickets and roaches will be gutloaded using carrots, turnip, collard, and dandelion greens, sweet potato, apples, etc, as well as Bad A$$ Bugs dry food. I plan on feeding him basically as much as he wants for now till he grows a bit.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I have Retical w/D3, Reptical w/o D3, and Hertivite. I will be dusting w/ Reptical w/O D3 @ every feeding, w/D3 everyother Sunday, and Hertivite on the other sundays
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a Mistking System w/2 nozzles. I am using a modified Naturalistic hydration approach. I mist @8am for 1 minute (shortly before lights on, just to wet things down for the morning dew), noon for 3 minutes, 10pm for 1 minute (an hour after lights go off), 2am for 1 minute (just as foggers turn on).
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? None yet
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Reptibreeze XL 24x24x48
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 24" T5HO w/Zoomed Reptisun 5.0, 2x Yu Meil 6500K LED Pool Bulbs for plants and basking
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75 cage floor and 80-82 basking w/ 72 at night. I measure temps with digital temp/humidity combos throughout the cage, digital temp/humidity w/individual probes, and a laser temp gun
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Ambient humidity = 45%, maintained using a room humidifier, Daytime = 50-60 with bumps to 80 after misting. Nighttime = 100% using misting and Foggers.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have 6 live plants - 2x Golden Pothos, Schefflera Arboricola, Brumilead, Spider Plant, and Dracaena. I also have a number of manzanita branches and 12 ft of Flukers vines.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?The cage is in my bedroom, there is an air vent about 8ft from the cage, but does not blow directly on it, and a ceiling fan in the room. the top of the cage is about 6.5' from the floor.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Phoenix, AZ

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Just want a husbandry check

View attachment 271632
Everything looks spot on. Only one thing... Drop the herptivite. It does not have Preformed A in it for eye health. And get reptivite without D3 to replace it.

Everything looks spot on. Only one thing... Drop the herptivite. It does not have Preformed A in it for eye health. And get reptivite without D3 to replace it.
Thanks, I thought I had all the right stuff. I will get the reptivite ordered ASAP!!

your welcome. :) reptivite NO d3 to go with what you have and the schedule. toss the herptivite.
Is the herptivite so bad that it needs to be tossed? It is BRAND new, never even opened. I hate to just toss it out! I have the Reptivite w/o D3 on order.

Is the herptivite so bad that it needs to be tossed? It is BRAND new, never even opened. I hate to just toss it out! I have the Reptivite w/o D3 on order.
return it then. Personally I would not use it. It lacks the preformed A. It only has beta carotene. It is not a horrible product just not complete with what you want in a multivitamin.

Back
Top Bottom