Chuck Norris finally made it!!

Almost there!! the new little guy arrives tomorrow. I thought I was going to have to use a fake ficus tree for a little bit because my branches took A LOT longer than expected to get here,. They finally came today, and I have got them in the cage. What do you all think? Enough branches? What about vines? I have 6 more large vines and 3 small. I can always add more in there if you think they are needed. I also have 2 more small branches I can add if needed.

I am going to get the pants this evening and then everything will be ready for his arrival. as you can see, I will be using the pot in pot method and have mounted 5 pots. I feel like this should give ample coverage, especially once they grow in a bit.

20210504_154137.jpg

Almost there!! the new little guy arrives tomorrow. I thought I was going to have to use a fake ficus tree for a little bit because my branches took A LOT longer than expected to get here,. They finally came today, and I have got them in the cage. What do you all think? Enough branches? What about vines? I have 6 more large vines and 3 small. I can always add more in there if you think they are needed. I also have 2 more small branches I can add if needed.

I am going to get the pants this evening and then everything will be ready for his arrival. as you can see, I will be using the pot in pot method and have mounted 5 pots. I feel like this should give ample coverage, especially once they grow in a bit.

View attachment 300379
Looks good! Once you get your plants in there it’ll fill up the space and depending on the types of plants you have, will provide more climbing opportunities.

Thanks! Honestly the plant selection will depend entirely on what they have in stock. I know there will be some Pothos, and hopefully a money tree.
Looks good! Once you get your plants in there it’ll fill up the space and depending on the types of plants you have, will provide more climbing opportunities.
Thanks! Honestly the plant selection will depend entirely on what they have in stock. I know there will be some Pothos, and hopefully a money tree.
Ooooo from who?!?
I am getting him from a member on here, @Randers88. He was one of 3 holdbacks, and the only one they decided to part with.

I am getting him from a member on here, @Randers88. He was one of 3 holdbacks, and the only one they decided to part with.
Oooo ok I know the post you're talking about now. Nnnnnnnice

View attachment 300379
It is so beautiful

Things are going great with Chuck!! He finally trusts me enough, to willingly, even excitedly, climb onto my hand when I put it near him. So, naturally, I took him outside for some sun today. When opening his cage to put him back in, he caught a glimpse of Bruce and started head bobbing and fired up a bit. He is so chill that I have never seen him fired up until today. Now he is just climbing all over his enclosure making sure there isn't an intruder. :)

20210528_111556.jpg
20210528_111558.jpg

New pic of chuck. Not much change, just chuggin' along. He seems to really trust me finally.
He actually came out of his cage onto my arm twice this last weekend. I simply placed my hand in his enclosure near him and after a minute or 2 he just stepped right on and went outside sore some good sun time.

Chuck.jpg

Chuck2.jpg

Wow, time really flies!! I can't believe it has been 4 months since my last update. I suppose that is due in part to there being nothing significant to report. Chuck is doing GREAT!!. He is a pig and eats everything within minutes of adding it to the feeder run. He is by FAR the friendliest cham I have seen. If someone simply enters the room where he can see them, he comes to the front of the cage. If you open the door, he immediately climbs onto your hand. I don't think he is unhappy with his enclosure, so I think he just wants the interaction.
20211009_152259.jpg
20211009_152309.jpg
20211009_152303.jpg

I got a couple more shots of Chuck this evening. He is just SOOOO easy to get pics of since he LOVES coming out. He did fire up just a little bit hen he caught a glimpse of my other guy Bruce.

PS - Before you all mention it, I know Chuck looks a little over weight. We are currently working on the issue. I expect him to be back down to a healthier weight in no time. :)

20211014_190207.jpg
20211014_190314.jpg

He looks great. Love his colors. Weight does not look too crazy just a little more plump in the casque than recommended.

Back
Top Bottom