Chuck Norris finally made it!!

Well Chuck seems to be settling in well. He was constantly climbing the screen for the first day or so, but I have not seem him on the screen for the last 2 days now. He seems to be sticking to the branches and plants. It is difficult to tell how much he is eating. I have seen him eat several bugs, but I work long hours 4 days a week, so I have to place bugs in the feeder cup before I leave for work. I try to count, but some of the bugs are escaping too.

On another note, I did manage to find a little poop today and it looked great. I can't believe I just typed that sentence. HAHA
ANyway, his poop was nice and dark with pure white urates!! YAY. He has already curled up and is ready for bed, His lights go out in about 15 minutes. I just love sleeping chams, they are so cute!

I made the mistake of opening this thread and not reading the original post. Then I see everyone compliment chuck Norris and calling him beautiful lol

I made the trip to pick up my new cham, Chuck Norris, today. It was a long day, roughly 8 hours round trip, but Chuck is now in his new home and doing well. He has already hunted and eaten several rickes and I have even seen him drink. The only thing that I don't like so far is that he won't leave the top screen. He is even sleeping hanging from the top of the cage.

I have to give a shoutout to @Dbash44 for driving to bring Chuck half way. Shipping to Phoenix is VERY dangerous this time of year, so he drove most of the day to meet in the middle and deliver Chuck Norris. @Dbash44 has been great to work with from the start!!View attachment 271899View attachment 271900

I’m happy everything is working out thus far for you! Thanks for being willing to meet up to hand off this little guy. I’m super relieved that we didn’t ship. It was like 110 degrees where we met so I’m grateful we didn’t ship. Totally worth the drive. You’re going to do a stellar job with him I already know it.

But seriously, can I pay to watch this fight? How much are tickets? It’s going to be legendary! ?

I have had Chuck Norris for 3 weeks now and he is doing great. He has shed once, looks like he is about to shed again, and has easily doubled in size. He is still not showing any colors, but he is adorable anyway.

20200730_183851.jpg
20200730_183906.jpg

What a difference a few weeks makes. Chuck is growing SOOOO fast and eating more than I could have imagined. He is really starting to develop his colors and I think he is going to be a beautiful adult. It also looks like his markings are going to be more like his Ambilobe lineage than Sambava, but we will see how that develops.

I also think he is finally starting to trust me. He no longer runs when I open the cage, and actually RAN to the feeder cup today before I had even put the feeders in it. He is also NOT shy about eating and drinking in front of me. He even let me record him eating today. I love watching this guy grow and develop!!

20200901_184102.jpg
20200906_100526.jpg

Last edited:
It is stressful but all worth it
Yes they are very stressful!?? Yesterday Stormy my little veiled chameleon went in between the screen and a branch and it was a very tight space. He started to gape and I like freaked out that he couldn’t breath for a minute, in the end he got out fine. ?

It has been 2 weeks since my last update and Chuck just continues to grow and develop more colors. It looks like he is definitely going to have a green body and likely to have red bars. When in his pajamas he has A LOT of yellow, so I am hoping he develops some yellow in his awake colors. He is now about 5 months and has started to roam the entire cage each morning. Looks like my little man is hitting puberty and patrolling his territory. :)

The other thing that has grown and filled out nicely is the enclosure. I had a couple plants that didn't do real well, but the rest have done great and some have grown to the point of needing pruning regularly. His enclosure is now a veritable forest and Chuck seems to really like it.

20200925_101016.jpg
20200924_184309.jpg
20200924_184602.jpg
20200925_100843.jpg

I didn't realize it had been so long since I last updated this thread. What a crazy year!! Chuck is now 1 year old and doing well. For some reason He lost all of his color for a while and went almost completely grey. I think we have found the issue and his colors are getting better every day. Hopefully with a little more time he will be as vibrant as ever.

In other news, Chuck is soon going to have an adopted brother. I am in the process of setting up another enclosure, and have nearly finalized the purchase of a 3 month old Ambilobe holdback that is beautiful. If everything goes to plan, I will have the enclosure done and ready for the new guy by the end of the week, and have the little one in his new home by the end of next week.

Now for some pictures of Chuck. These were taken last week and his colors have improved a little since then.

20210423_112833.jpg
20210423_112945.jpg
20210423_113218.jpg

It is official!! I will have another soon. Wednesday to be exact. The cage will be setup this weekend and everything ready for the new guy. I have attached some pics below. Some of you may recognize him from another thread on the forums. He looks to be a sassy little dude. :)

Zeppy x Melissa HB3-2.jpg
Zeppy x Melissa HB3-1.jpg
Zeppy x Melissa HB3-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom