Chloe

okiroo

Avid Member
My darling Chloe had to be put down a little while ago. It was a very emotional experience and the first chameleon that I really got attached to that I’ve lost. I cried a lot and the vet and vet tech was very upset as well. The worst part is to the untrained eye she seemed healthy. She ate and drank this morning and was active. She even stopped closing the one eye and was very alert with both. But after a look inside her mouth ----putting her down was the right thing to do. I’m happy she had the most peaceful death an animal can have and never suffered or starved, and the terrible pain she did feel is now gone.
I feel like I should put a little something about her besides how she died. Chloe was so sweet, she never grumped at me. She turned reddish or really blue when she basked. She LOVED food and was my little chunky monkey. She loved her vines by the window and looking at me with both eyes. She was always watching me. None of my other chameleons seemed to care about what I was doing the way she did. She liked watching me make my bed in the mornings and pawed at the glass if she really wanted out. She pawed at the glass this morning.
I loved Chloe very much and will never forget her. I believe I got myself a flashbulb memory, but the good kind from this. Instead of having the memory of her dead- I didn’t look at her body and had her put in a towel- I remember her looking around the room, before she started to fail badly, a chameleon who had eaten and felt ok besides this pain in her mouth, going to sleep.

Heres her reaching up while in my hand. She always did that- like how caterpillers do.
full

Chloe sunning
full

she needed little things for her little hands
full

She will be missed by all
full

Her smile :)<3
full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Okiroo,
So sorry for your loss. Its never easy especially when they have something that sets them apart like a great personality! Just from your post, I can tell you will have the greatest "cageside" manner when you become a vet! You did what needed to be done and have a great outlook on what really matters... the great memories and the time you had together. Hope the pain doesn't last long and the memories do! Again, sorry:(.

My heart goes out to you Morgan. I know exactly what you are going through. It's so sad that you had to said good bye to Chloe. She was such a pretty little angel. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

She really looked like a sweetie. I'm so sorry for your loss, but she'll be over the rainbow bridge munching on hornworms and just waiting for you to hold her again one day. :(

Okiroo,
So sorry for your loss. Its never easy especially when they have something that sets them apart like a great personality! Just from your post, I can tell you will have the greatest "cageside" manner when you become a vet! You did what needed to be done and have a great outlook on what really matters... the great memories and the time you had together. Hope the pain doesn't last long and the memories do! Again, sorry:(.

Thankyou

My heart goes out to you Morgan. I know exactly what you are going through. It's so sad that you had to said good bye to Chloe. She was such a pretty little angel. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

During this whole thing I was thinking of what you recently went through. Thankyou Jann.

I'm very sorry you lost her. She seemed to be one of a kind...

She was very much so.

She really looked like a sweetie. I'm so sorry for your loss, but she'll be over the rainbow bridge munching on hornworms and just waiting for you to hold her again one day. :(

she was soo sweet. I know she is.

Im so sorry it had to end this way Okiroo :( My condolences....

It ended much better then it could have. I'm so thankful for that.

Truly sorry to be reading this. :( You know and we all know that the right decision was made. With that being said, rest easy. She's at peace and soon you will be too...

I am so sorry for your loss. :( I had read your earlier thread and was really pulling for your little girl.

awe such a sweet cham she was. I am so sorry for your loss. You paid a very nice tribute to her in this thread.

Truly sorry to be reading this. :( You know and we all know that the right decision was made. With that being said, rest easy. She's at peace and soon you will be too...

Thankyou

I am so sorry for your loss. :( I had read your earlier thread and was really pulling for your little girl.

Thankyou, It came as a shock to a certain degree.

I'm so sorry to read about your sweet girl! She was a beauty.

Thanks. She really was.

awe such a sweet cham she was. I am so sorry for your loss. You paid a very nice tribute to her in this thread.

I tried to capture how amazing she was. Thankyou.

sorry if i sound kinda monotone but i dont really feel like posting smileys. :(

Don't worry about how you're posting, just take your time to come to terms with it. I'm so sorry you lost her, but glad she didn't suffer.

I'm so sorry about Chloe. Sometimes the hardest decisions are made with the most love. You didn't let her suffer and I know she appreciates that so much. I'm glad you have so many fond memories of her. May those be a comfort to you during this difficult time, and know that you did the right thing and let her have a peaceful passing instead of one of pain. My condolences. :(

I'm so sorry about Chloe. Sometimes the hardest decisions are made with the most love. You didn't let her suffer and I know she appreciates that so much. I'm glad you have so many fond memories of her. May those be a comfort to you during this difficult time, and know that you did the right thing and let her have a peaceful passing instead of one of pain. My condolences. :(

Thankyou very much, It makes me feel better to know she doesnt hurt.

very sorry for you loss - That is was the right thing to do doesnt make it easier.
such a lovely looking animal and obviously one you cared for.

Thankyou, i always thought she was beautiful- and no it didnt make it easier at all.

Oh honey!
Im so sorry!
I know how attached you were to her.

She was beautiful.

I know Kermit will be be very sad his girlfriend passed away.

I wish there were words to make you feel better, but there arent, so instead..

just remember her like those photos... and all the little temper tantrums she threw when kermit tried to get busy with her, and how sweet she was.

Back
Top Bottom