Chief & Flash

xraygirl

Established Member
After a vet told me it was fungus, upon further research it may be that Chief has pox/papilloma..... A vet is coming out to check him out and advise me where the best place is to go... Possibly U of Georgia. I hate that this could be whats going on with him, because he's my first chameleon/reptile and I love his little sweet self so much. (Thankfully, I was and have been careful about cross contamination between both chameleons.) I know it's not a death sentence... but I've seen some pretty gruesome picture, so I don't want him to get to the point of suffering. His little personality hasn't changed though. He's just a sweet as can be. He weighed in today @ 195 grams and is approx. 2 years old. He's a conservative eater, he'll eat until he's full and won't eat anymore. Flash on the other hand..... he eats like it's going out of style.... and I have been rationing him back some lol. I'm not sure how old Flash is since he had his big boy colors when I got him, and he was just under weight (161 grams in January) and a little dehydrated when I got him.

Flash has really come around since bringing his crazy butt home in December. He was barely handleable. He would leap off your hands in a instant and you couldn't really touch him period. I give him lots of chin rubs in his cage and hand feed him A LOT. I can get him out of his cage now without much stress, and he doesn't get too crazy with me anymore. I walk/move very slowly with him and he doesn't leap off of me, but he still keeps me on my toes with sudden and quick random movements.... I limit actually handling him 1-2 times a month. But his coloring has been AMAZING!! Flash weighs in today @ 235 grams.... Tried to measure him but he was a bit too squirmy.... the closest I got was 15 inches.

Attachments

• 6_7_15.jpg
    6_7_15.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 117
  • 6_12_15.jpg
    6_12_15.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 7_16_15.jpg
    7_16_15.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 5_30_15.jpg
    5_30_15.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 2_10_15_3.jpg
    2_10_15_3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 100
Heres some pictures of Flash...

Attachments

• 7_16_15_3.jpg
    7_16_15_3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 7_16_15.jpg
    7_16_15.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 6_7_15_2.jpg
    6_7_15_2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 7_12_15.jpg
    7_12_15.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 80
I must have used another picture of Flash sleeping from another thread... But heres a recent picture...

I should have named him "nuc" for nuclear :rolleyes::eek:

Attachments

• 6_12_15.jpg
    6_12_15.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 90
Honestly the only way to know what is affecting the skin is to get a biopsy. It will be a small punch biopsy of one of the lesions. It could be fungal or viral or bacterial. They all can look very similar. Good luck and let us know what happens.

The boys are looking good Lindsey. I'm hoping the best for sweet little Chief. I'd definitely get a biopsy as Joe recommended.

The boys are looking good Lindsey. I'm hoping the best for sweet little Chief. I'd definitely get a biopsy as Joe recommended.

I'll be sure to update and see what she says. I wish I had spoken up at the vet when we went in the fall when this started showing up. But I trusted this 'exotic' vet in what he was saying to me. :(

Back
Top Bottom