chicken or fish !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that post supports exactly what I'm saying. The poster isn't being condemned for recommending feeding pinkies once in a blue moon, the issue was her persistence in pushing their feeding without any information as to the possible dangers associated with it. Only giving a little piece of the story can sometimes be more dangerous than not saying anything at all and that is where experience (which the poster in question lacks) is invaluable.

Chris

I must have missed where she pushed the idea.

Once in a blue moon is every 3 months or so (really...a blue moon is when there is a second full moon in a month) which, it seems is what she was suggesting.

It should be kept in mind that she was offering this idea as an alternative to the original poster's idea of cooked chicken, cooked fish and ham as "occasional treat". Surely a raw baby rodent is a much more likely thing for a wild chameleon to consume than say...cured smoked ham.

As the original poster repeated her stance, several times, so did justjumpit. I do not believe she ever said they were a good idea. They just seem like a somewhat less bad idea than ham.

Once in a blue moon is every 3 months or so (really...a blue moon is when there is a second full moon in a month) which, it seems is what she was suggesting.

It should be kept in mind that she was offering this idea as an alternative to the original poster's idea of cooked chicken, cooked fish and ham as "occasional treat". Surely a raw baby rodent is a much more likely thing for a wild chameleon to consume than say...cured smoked ham.

As the original poster repeated her stance, several times, so did justjumpit. I do not believe she ever said they were a good idea. They just seem like a somewhat less bad idea than ham.

Thank you. I was repeating the word pinkies because no one else was giving them any info on a better "treat" for their chameleon, just stating the same bugs that they already know about.

Repetition of an alternative feeder item and failing to address potential dangers associated with that feeder item in any of your posts is worse then not saying anything to start with.

Chris

sorry you must have read misread my post i didnt give her ham , i wouldnt give her anything processed ,seasoned fried , or simelar , i would be scared to give her raw chicken also .this query was for a pea sized piece of cooked organic chicken or a pea sized piece of boiled fish on a fri perhaps .thankyou everybody ive learnt so much on this thread

Branching out and experimenting can happen later if at all.

Why 'experiment' with unnatural food items at all anyway? 'Treats' are a human idea.

They just seem like a somewhat less bad idea than ham.

I thought chris's post about animal proteins might've put that idea to bed, cooked or raw, its still animal protein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom