Chicken incubator?

Lathelia

Established Member
Hi,
I'm looking for an incubator for panther eggs. Would a chicken incubator do it? We don't have hova bators in Poland.
And if it's ok to use, which one would be better: one with heating cable or with copper heater?

I don't know a lot about incubating eggs, but I do have a hova-bator. It has a copper heater and the box it came in had pictures of chicks and chickens on it.

I hope that helps :)

I don't know a lot about incubating eggs, but I do have a hova-bator. It has a copper heater and the box it came in had pictures of chicks and chickens on it.

I hope that helps :)
Thanks, I know it's for chicenks that's why I think incubator from other brand should work too.
So copper heater it is! ;)

Hi,
I'm looking for an incubator for panther eggs. Would a chicken incubator do it? We don't have hova bators in Poland.
And if it's ok to use, which one would be better: one with heating cable or with copper heater?

I don't know if a chicken incubator can produce the lower temps cham eggs require. But, I'm no expert either. Don't a lot of breeders use ventilated plastic boxes in cupboards or closets instead of poultry incubators?

I don't know if a chicken incubator can produce the lower temps cham eggs require. But, I'm no expert either. Don't a lot of breeders use ventilated plastic boxes in cupboards or closets instead of poultry incubators?
I have found many "do it yourself" threads on polish forum (Im not sure if that's what you are talking about), but I don't want to take risk that I will do sth wrong.
Some of the chicken incubators do have a set temperature, but I have found few that don't :)

Do you have a basement or under ground cellar? You could use a incubator that just heats as long as the "room ambient's are cool ". You would have to post a link of the incubator. I thought most chicken incubators rotate the egg? IF so, that would not work.

Do you have a basement or under ground cellar? You could use a incubator that just heats as long as the "room ambient's are cool ". You would have to post a link of the incubator. I thought most chicken incubators rotate the egg? IF so, that would not work.
Yes, I have a basement. You can check picuters here: http://allegro.pl/inkubator-legowy-wylegarka-klujnik-lcd-gratis-i2858212073.html
I think it's a polish brand, so there is no website in english, sorry.
They don't rotate eggs. :)

Never used that type of incubator for chameleon eggs but have for bearded dragon eggs. Looks like it would work as long as the ambient air temps outside of the inubator are lower than the temps you want to incubate at.

Never used that type of incubator for chameleon eggs but have for bearded dragon eggs. Looks like it would work as long as the ambient air temps outside of the inubator are lower than the temps you want to incubate at.
Thank you, I will keep it in my wine cellar then ;)
Does it turn the eggs during the incubation?
As I said in previous post, it doesn't. :)

Back
Top Bottom