Check out this MASSIVE Veild!!!

oops looks like it got removed!!. Like I said you can check out for yourself on FB. They catch some amazing chameleons and gigantic pythons!

Went to the page to see for myself.. and any of my first three reactions will be edited on here so I'll just leave it at O_O!!!

And then I have to say that job would be a dream come true. Catching snakes and lizards all day.. where do I sign up?

Can someone take a screenshot of it? Even when logged into my facebook I cannot see it :(

Just go to the search bar on FB and type in "Florida Python Hunters" Their page is open to the public. You can like the page and then all the future pics will turn up in your newsfeed. He has tons of cool pics of chameleons and snakes they have caught. Scroll down and you can see pic I am talking about. It would be the most recent one. This is not the first monster Veild they have caught either. Seems like they are thriving in the Everglades!!

Hoooo leeee sheeeeett thats a big boy. Not surprised with all the bugs you can find in the florida everglades. I appreciate the work these guys put in, they took the initiative to take the problem into their own hands in their free time it seems. Very cool. I'd love to join them for a herp hunt and am curious as to where they're finding most of these animals. Also where do they relocate them?

Hoooo leeee sheeeeett thats a big boy. Not surprised with all the bugs you can find in the florida everglades. I appreciate the work these guys put in, they took the initiative to take the problem into their own hands in their free time it seems. Very cool. I'd love to join them for a herp hunt and am curious as to where they're finding most of these animals. Also where do they relocate them?

They will not divulge where their exact location is as there is alot of interest in people wanting to go catch their own. I don't really blame them. And you are right, with the diversity of the bugs, no wonder they are thriving out there in the Everglades. Just goes to show too that they can withstand hot temps and the cold nights. There is a well established colony of these Veilds and the Oustalets too now. If you check out all his pics you will see he is catching both on a regular basis. It is not a rare occurance. Just took a few irresponsible people to turn some loose and now you have a thriving population of them and the pythons too. From what I know they do not relocate them anywhere in the wild of course, as they are native to Florida but they do offer them for adoption. I would love to get my hands on one of those bad a$$ huge Veilds!!

Last edited:
Is there a problem with just posting a picture of one of the Veiled Chams caught in the everglades? I have one I would love to post!

Is there a problem with just posting a picture of one of the Veiled Chams caught in the everglades? I have one I would love to post!

No, as long as it is your photo. I guess because I posted someone elses photo without their permission it is against the rules. I am pretty sure that is why it was removed.

I had a few WC from Yemen in the early 90's that were bigger than that. Had to wear gloves to handle them.

Post pics. I don't believe you lol. One of the ones he posted was about as big as his forearm, and I'd only seen Oustaleti get that big, NOT veileds. That thing is obscenely large.

I've see it carol that male was impressive. i thought my old on el grumpo was a monster but that one has to be pushing 2 feet plus. he was also very beautiful as well

I've see it carol that male was impressive. i thought my old on el grumpo was a monster but that one has to be pushing 2 feet plus. he was also very beautiful as well

Is that the one in your avatar? He looks quite large also!! It must just the right environment for them in the everglades as they seem to be thriving.

Back
Top Bottom