Check out my freerange!

I likes it and im sure your little man looks like he does too! You have a great start to build from with vine or branches as he grows. +1!

In a free range, i would not worry to much with the bamboo honestly. Probably wouldn't put it in his cage but i think your fine.

As to the bamboo looking plant, its not bamboo. Its a money tree, and its on the okay list. I use the same stuff and it looks damn good.

We're talking about the swirly plant, which is lucky bamboo or Dracaena sanderiana. Money tree is Pachira aquatica, and is on many plant lists as toxic so it's recommended to avoid using them.

We're talking about the swirly plant, which is lucky bamboo or Dracaena sanderiana. Money tree is Pachira aquatica, and is on many plant lists as toxic so it's recommended to avoid using them.

Oh, I always knew them as the bamboo money tree. That is what they called them in China anyways. I do use those, and I have never had a problem with veiled chams biting the leaves. Although to be honest, I have only ever had one that would bite leaves. Then again, that cham was angry all the time, and he would bite everything. I know that some sites mention them as slightly toxic, I believe that if it is then the levels are too low to affect chams. This is purely based on my trial and error experience, trust at your own risk...

that free range is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! its the best iv ever seen! i really want to do something like that- i just dont have the space or money!!! its really cool though, and i like the automatic mister a lot!!!:D

Such a nice setup Jupiter! I've been looking for some of those pothos but havent had any luck. My free range is so boring Renley leaves it and goes back into his cage -__-

I was going to say how impressed I was to see the first air conditioned free range not being used for parsons, but the timing was off!!! (Just like my humor :D)

Nice job, but don't blink or he may disappear :eek:.

Haha it actually doesn't seem to bother him that much, the main thing is that with all those plants right in front of it, it's not nearly as effective

You all should be jealous because I got to meet little Aesop today and he's a stud! And so sweet! :)

As for the lucky bamboo (Dracaena sanderiana), I don't think it is a plant that has been studied sufficiently in reptiles enough to say one way or the other about toxicity with certainty. I always go to tortoise information sources looking for plant toxicity because of course they are going to be much more up to date on plant toxicity with strictly herbivore reptiles. The consensus is that it may be toxic. This is the only source that actually has a 'why' behind it.

So...potentially toxic. That being said, as we're dealing with a panther chameleon and not a veiled I'm not too concerned by it since panthers so rarely chose to explore their herbivorous side. If he starts munching on other plants I'd take it away just in case, but if he doesn't munch on plants at all I wouldn't worry. Even if he takes a few bites of it one day it shouldn't be enough to cause serious problems unless he eats a whole stalk.

Thank you for getting to this so quick Dayna! Sorry I haven't responded, that stuffy nose turned pretty mean on me. Sounds pretty much like what we decided at the checkup, I guess I'll keep it around. Thanks again for the info!

I likes it and im sure your little man looks like he does too! You have a great start to build from with vine or branches as he grows. +1!

In a free range, i would not worry to much with the bamboo honestly. Probably wouldn't put it in his cage but i think your fine.

Thanks, thats one thing I was thinking, was someday unwrapping those vines and just taking over a whole room...

that free range is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! its the best iv ever seen! i really want to do something like that- i just dont have the space or money!!! its really cool though, and i like the automatic mister a lot!!!:D

Wow! Thanks for the kind words!

Such a nice setup Jupiter! I've been looking for some of those pothos but havent had any luck. My free range is so boring Renley leaves it and goes back into his cage -__-

Aw haha. Thanks! Yeah I think that was pretty much a one time thing, I'm glad I got so many of them while they were around. I don't know how serious you are about it, but usually if you go to a garden center (not home depot but a full on garden center) they have some pretty serious pothos. Don't know how much they would charge though, more than KS, thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom