Check him out, especially eyes - look dehydrated at all?

Echoezra

Established Member
Tell me what you think, about how he's looking?
Health-wise I mean, not just pretty colours. Although I do like his colours.

Still a little concerned about dehydration, misting numerous times a day, and feeding hornworms & got him to start taking smaller silkworms also, so lots of juicy worms in there now, and have also been giving the crickets some fruit as well as greens, for extra juiciness. His urates have been getting slightly lighter, today's was like half a pale peach colour other half white. Last time it was a darker peach, and before that almost orange, so it IS improving, but still not good yet. SO - Do his eyes look okay, they're not sunkenish, are they? I didn't think so, but honestly I worry I wont' be able to tell until it's bad, cause I still think their eyes are so crazy looking anyways. lol. I mean my flapneck got really bad sunken, all in two days basically, and it's not to that degree for sure, but they don't seem quite as round protruding bulbous as Zelig's eyes, so I thought I'd better ask. I find the young ones always seem to have big eyes, the babies to me always look like they're half eyes, lol! So I don't know if it's a little guy thing, or if Zelig's eyes are just healthier because he's properly hydrated and Zaphod's not quite there yet, so his eyes aren't quite so bulgy. sigh. I will also add, I have a pretty bad case of eye-fear. So it makes it a little tougher for me.

So yeah, anyways, short story long! lol - please, opinions!! from you guys' eyeball-experienced trained eyes - How's my boy look?

Picture

Sorry, tried to edit separately from photography post. Here's the picture.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me what you think, about how he's looking?
Health-wise I mean, not just pretty colours. Although I do like his colours.

Still a little concerned about dehydration, misting numerous times a day, and feeding hornworms & got him to start taking smaller silkworms also, so lots of juicy worms in there now, and have also been giving the crickets some fruit as well as greens, for extra juiciness. His urates have been getting slightly lighter, today's was like half a pale peach colour other half white. Last time it was a darker peach, and before that almost orange, so it IS improving, but still not good yet. SO - Do his eyes look okay, they're not sunkenish, are they? I didn't think so, but honestly I worry I wont' be able to tell until it's bad, cause I still think their eyes are so crazy looking anyways. lol. I mean my flapneck got really bad sunken, all in two days basically, and it's not to that degree for sure, but they don't seem quite as round protruding bulbous as Zelig's eyes, so I thought I'd better ask. I find the young ones always seem to have big eyes, the babies to me always look like they're half eyes, lol! So I don't know if it's a little guy thing, or if Zelig's eyes are just healthier because he's properly hydrated and Zaphod's not quite there yet, so his eyes aren't quite so bulgy. sigh. I will also add, I have a pretty bad case of eye-fear. So it makes it a little tougher for me.

So yeah, anyways, short story long! lol - please, opinions!! from you guys' eyeball-experienced trained eyes - How's my boy look?
He looks good to me. The eyes may be a little small(cant tell from the angle of the pic) but otherwise looks good.

~~1.0 Veiled Chameleon

Okay, I'll try to add more pictures - same angle, but some have him looking different directions, maybe that will help.

More pictures

Here's a few more. Like I said, all same angle, but maybe eye direction will help somewhat.

1a46c90a.jpg

5092e5bf.jpg

bb1abc56.jpg

cca074fd.jpg

d9e2d210.jpg

017696a4.jpg

e4e0659f.jpg

Any of that help?

His eyes dont look dehydrated to me. The best way to tell is through feces and urates.

I can hear you talking to him..." ok, now a little to the left, ok, ok now look straight ahead, good boy, ok just one more and we are done with the mug shots...I promise!"
he is beautiful and I can't help :( other than the beautiful!

His eyes dont look dehydrated to me. The best way to tell is through feces and urates.

Okay good, thanks, I'm glad they're looking okay.

I know about monitoring the urates, but it's tough because he's still playing hard to get with the "going", lol. We were down finally to only 3 days apart, and urates getting lighter, but now he's back on a pooping strike. :rolleyes: so I'm not sure about recent progress with the hydrating. And the longer he keeps it in there, the less I totally trust the colour as an accurate assessment as it's had time to concentrate somewhat.
He's still scared of the silkworms, but I've been giving hornworms regularly, to try to help up the moisture and hopefully encourage him to poop. If he doesn't go tomorrow I'm going to go get some more pear babyfood to gutload with, and if not by Tuesday, I'll try the mineral oil.
Figures that the mitsio would be the one to drive me bananas. Lol.

I can hear you talking to him..." ok, now a little to the left, ok, ok now look straight ahead, good boy, ok just one more and we are done with the mug shots...I promise!"
he is beautiful and I can't help :( other than the beautiful!
Lol! Not exactly. But kinda. He does have that miserable prisoner look about him. :(
I just take a bunch in a row to make sure i get at least one non-blurry one! I probably have hundreds, but they're all just 3 individually different pictures!! Hahahah! I'm always just shaking with excitement cause I finally have my chams out, I can't hold still long enough to click the button. :)
But I can't trust someone else to snap the picture cause they might accidentally get my ugly mug in the shot too, then it would be really ruined. ;)

I get the same worries you do. I doubt it's dehydration if his urates look fine. Sometimes, chams eyes "suck" in just a tiny bit when they feel threatened. Might just be that? check him out when he's in his cage just hanging out.

Back
Top Bottom