Cheap feeders

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
I’m looking for places to buy cheap staple feeders. I’m open to new insects, I just don’t want to feed crickets. I was thinking about bsfl, but it’s always in huge quantities and I don’t have a good place to store them at temps so they don’t pupate. So I would waste a lot.

I’m not sure if I just got a great deal or the prices just went up, but last time (also my first time) that I bought dubias, I got 400 for $20, and now the price of the same thing is doubled. And around the same place for everywhere else
Any ideas?

Linda’s gone buggie is great. I believe its 150 BSFL for 5.50. They stay in the cup they come in and pupate great. She’s in florida though so she dosent have dubia. There’s also site sponsors along with some members that have roach colonies and different feeders for sell.

Linda’s gone buggie is great. I believe its 150 BSFL for 5.50. They stay in the cup they come in and pupate great. She’s in florida though so she dosent have dubia. There’s also site sponsors along with some members that have roach colonies and different feeders for sell.
Thanks! That site is amazing

I’m not sure if I just got a great deal or the prices just went up, but last time (also my first time) that I bought dubias, I got 400 for $20, and now the price of the same thing is doubled. And around the same place for everywhere else
Any ideas?
It's a competitive market governed by supply & demand, so IME it's not unusual to see price swings.

Idea: I compiled a spreadsheet of vendors, and go down the list checking prices before each order. Once set up, doing a price check (with links) goes very quickly, and usually saves us $10-$50 depending on the order.

Shipping can also make a difference; some charge actual shipping, some flat-rate, and some include shipping. This also went into the spreadsheet.

Raising your own feeders can also save, but that depends on your individual situation—you have to run the numbers and get past the "OMG, I'M BREEDING ROACHES!!! :eek:" reflex.

Last edited:
Ordered 2-3x from lindasgonebuggie and mostly everything arrived dead and it was hard getting ahold of them(that was a couple years back though and many people recommend them now so I wouldn't doubt things have changed) . Josh's frogs and rainbowmealworms have both been very good to me and have a large selection.

Back
Top Bottom