Charlie's First Check-up: A Success

rcc760

We were worried that Charlie was a little sick so we made the hour+ trek to Dr. Greek's office, where we saw the lovely and kind Dr. Moore. Thankfully, she said Charlie is looking great and that we're doing well as first cham owners! We feel beyond relieved.

Also, it became very clear today that we've got a sassy little one on our hands! She was hissing up a storm at Dr. Moore!

Dr. Moore also estimated for us that Charlie is about 5 months old, which is what we assumed.

Here's a cute pic of her at the vet today: (btw, yes, we see the salt deposit on her snout. We've been overdusting her crickets and are correcting that immediately!)

IMG_0959.jpg

Last edited:
I’m glad you took her to the vet. Dr. Greek is excellent with chameleons.

Yes, even though nothing ended up being wrong with her, I'm so glad we took her! Better safe than sorry, for sure! We wanted an appt with Dr. Greek because we've seen how highly everyone speaks of him on here, but he wasn't available. Dr. Moore was great though! The whole office was so kind and helpful, and they are definitely our go-to vet office for Charlie now!

Thank you for this information! I wasn't planning on cutting back Charlie's calcium intake a lot, just a smidge because I know I do overdust the crickets, but I'm happy to know that the calcium isn't what's causing the discharge. I don't feel as concerned now, thank you!

When dusting the crickets don't make them look like ghosts...just dust lightly...but I would never cut the calcium out.

you can tell shes a she just by looking at the veil and also for anyone who don't know male veiled have spurs females do not.

When dusting the crickets don't make them look like ghosts...just dust lightly...but I would never cut the calcium out.

Yeah, for sure, I just planned to reduce the amount of dust, not the frequency of the dusting! Admittedly, the crickets have looked a little ghost-like. I would never cut the calcium out, I wouldn't want her to develop any issues!

you can tell shes a she just by looking at the veil and also for anyone who don't know male veiled have spurs females do not.

That's how we figured it out, the absence of spurs! I know they say that males will have a larger veil, but that was hard for us to distinguish as she was the only cham at the pet shop and there weren't any to compare it to. Is that the only way we can tell about the veil, the size? Or are there any other distinguishing factors about the veil?

That's how we figured it out, the absence of spurs! I know they say that males will have a larger veil, but that was hard for us to distinguish as she was the only cham at the pet shop and there weren't any to compare it to. Is that the only way we can tell about the veil, the size? Or are there any other distinguishing factors about the veil?
Yes spurs are verrryyyyyy helpful they will have them from birth if you take a look at my male juvi you can see how big his veil already is

@Harry The Cham click on the word "forums" at the top of the page. It will take you to a page that lists the forums. Chose the one you want and click in it and it will take you to that forums page. There's a little blue button in about the middle at the top that says.. "Post New Thread"...click on that.

Back
Top Bottom