Chamleon thermal burn help!!

Lexus2204

I have a 40 gallon fish tank with a purple bulb and uvb 5.0 light and My veiled chameleon has a thermal burn and recently it's got pus on it it's hard can I use betadine,first aid spray or what how do I make my cham feel better and heal help!!??

Attachments

• 20190530_092443.jpg
    20190530_092443.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 20190530_092431.jpg
    20190530_092431.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 150
Just about everything you've told us about your care for her is, respectfully, wrong and dangerous to her.

Are you aware that she needs a lay bin? She is displaying mature colors, which means she will be laying infertile eggs. By the size of her, she may already have some in her. She risks egg-binding and possible death if you aren't prepared for this. I strongly recommend you fill out the following for in full. I think you will find that you need to do a pretty serious overhaul in the way you are taking care of her:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Just about everything you've told us about your care for her is, respectfully, wrong and dangerous to her.

Are you aware that she needs a lay bin? She is displaying mature colors, which means she will be laying infertile eggs. By the size of her, she may already have some in her. She risks egg-binding and possible death if you aren't prepared for this. I strongly recommend you fill out the following for in full. I think you will find that you need to do a pretty serious overhaul in the way you are taking care of her:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Is it a female? And I have two baby Jackson chameleons and another Male parson chameleon and a panther I know how to take care of them I'm getting her a screen cage soon she was outside in a cage i built for her but she got thermal burn so i had to bring her in the house but is it a female or a male?

@Lexus2204
I have a hard time believing you have that much experience with chameleons, but you don't even know how to sex a veiled chameleon

A fish tank? A purple bulb? Let me guess, the UVB is a CFL?

First of all u can quit being mean and thinking you are the expert about everything and it's a reptisun zoo med 5.0 uvb light and the purple bulb it's a heat bulb got it from Petco I cant find the box for it but I haven't had a vieled chameleon so I'm new to this about veiled chameleons they are different from Jackson chameleons and panther chameleons I dont know how to sex veiled chameleons but I need to know if shes a female so I can make her a egg laying bin So quit being rude and just tell me what the sex is.

First of all u can quit being mean and thinking you are the expert about everything and it's a reptisun zoo med 5.0 uvb light and the purple bulb it's a heat bulb got it from Petco I cant find the box for it but I haven't had a vieled chameleon so I'm new to this about veiled chameleons they are different from Jackson chameleons and panther chameleons I dont know how to sex veiled chameleons but I need to know if shes a female so I can make her a egg laying bin So quit being rude and just tell me what the sex is.

Well then, as an experienced chameleon keeper, you should be familiar with how important it is to research your animals before you buy them. Isn't preparation 90% of the battle? An experienced chameleon keeper would also know that colored lights are not for chameleons. White lights are.

She is clearly a female.

Well then, as an experienced chameleon keeper, you should be familiar with how important it is to research your animals before you buy them. Isn't preparation 90% of the battle? An experienced chameleon keeper would also know that colored lights are not for chameleons. White lights are.

She is clearly a female.

Well I had a white light on her and it burned her it was enough heat for her cage but it gave her a thermal burn that's why I switched the white light with the purple one because the purple one isn't that strong.

Well I had a white light on her and it burned her it was enough heat for her cage but it gave her a thermal burn that's why I switched the white light with the purple one because the purple one isn't that strong.

Then get a lower wattage bulb or a dimmer. Black lights are not an appropriate light for chameleons.

Does her UVB bulb look like this:

Or like this?:

It looks like the first one the Philip's one.

Okay, that confirms it. Please, if you really want help, you need to stop lying.

That makes every single thing you've told me about caring for her dangerously wrong. If you really kept such a vast array of species, you would have to know by now that those compact UVB bulbs are completely worthless. You would have to have experience in chameleon first-aid.

We are here to help, but we cannot help if you're not being honest. You need a linear UVB light like the second image I showed you. This is extremely important, as the compact bulbs are physically unable to disperse UV light in a way that is useful to chameleons.

I am being honest but how do I set up a laying bin for her and I got her from Petco so I dont know how old she is but when do they start laying eggs and how do u tell when they are egg bound do you feel their stomach?

Show me pictures of all your other chameleons and their setups and I'll believe you.

The first cage is for the Jackson chameleons they are babies at the moment I have a pair a female and a Male they get along but when they get older I'll have to separate them into bigger cages the second cage is my panther chameleons cage and the third cage is my vieled chameleon shes in a fish tank because her other tank is outside.

Attachments

• 20190531_001605.jpg
    20190531_001605.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 20190531_001515.jpg
    20190531_001515.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 15592800337638913127532734607275.jpg
    15592800337638913127532734607275.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 199
The first cage is for the Jackson chameleons they are babies at the moment I have a pair a female and a Male they get along but when they get older I'll have to separate them into bigger cages the second cage is my panther chameleons cage and the third cage is my vieled chameleon shes in a fish tank because her other tank is outside.
Why do you have your other chams in tall screen cages but put your veiled in a fish tank?

Why is the first two photos have horrible quality but the last photo is perfect? Definitely a troll and definitely not telling the truth. Story never mad sense from beginning.

Back
Top Bottom