Chameleons itching eyes

Jayden22

Both of my chameleons have been itching their eyes on the branches in the cage is this normal for Jackson chameleons to do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 37
Is there white bulbs I’m able to leave on at night?
You don't need to leave heat on at night for chameleons - in their natural habitat they have a decent temperature drop at night and that's very important for their body processes. They need a drop into the 50s/60s at night for that.

Also, it's hard to tell but are they being kept in separate cages?

Here's some great info on temperatures and overall husbandry for Jacksons: https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-con...ry-Trioceros-jacksonii-xantholophus-2022B.pdf

So no bulbs on at night. They can not sleep if there is light. 12 hours uvb and heat on and 12 hours with everything off.

@JacksJill can you provide other info for Jacksons?

You probably know this already but your male and female are different sub-species. She is a xanth and he is a jacksonii. They are not compatible for breeding.

Mine will rub their eyes prior to shedding but other eye problems due to improper supplementation or lights that are too strong could be a factor. If they start a shed in the next day or two that is likely it but you should check your lights and supplements according to the care sheets in the mean time.

I would recommend reviewing the Academy pages linked above or the links below and I would be happy to answer any specific questions you have from there.

My Jackson's Supplement Schedule

Back
Top Bottom