Chameleons in Arizona?

Classy

I was wondering if anyone has luck finding panthers in Arizona from a reputable source. So far I've found I've found nothing, and I'm worried about shipping one in. Thanks

Where approximately are you located? There is a fairly big reptile show in Mesa every November. Quite a few quality panthers there.

I just found on the chameleon forums someone who is selling ambilobe babies in Mesa, Arizona. The males are 100 dollars, and I just sent him an email. Hope he replies back, the babies look great on his post :D

I bought two from the same person your talking about...i have pictures of them...they where the older ones he had at the time...i thought I got a boy and a girl but got two males...let me know if u want pics

Dunno why people are afraid of shipping, any good place has guarantee, and Idk of any healthy Chams that died in overnight shipping. You'll find the best Chams online

I bought two from the same person your talking about...i have pictures of them...they where the older ones he had at the time...i thought I got a boy and a girl but got two males...let me know if u want pics
I'd love to see pics. My little chameleon I bought from him is doing very well, he has been eating and drinking perfectly!
I got both my Chams from Predators Reptile in Mesa off of Baseline.

There website doesn't really say much but you can call or visit and they can give you any information you need.
http://www.predatorsreptile.com/
I go to there a lot, but we asked and they were only nosy be, and we were in the market for an ambilobe.

I was wondering if anyone has luck finding panthers in Arizona from a reputable source. So far I've found I've found nothing, and I'm worried about shipping one in. Thanks

It is normal to have chameleons shipped FedEx Priority overnight. I drop my babies off at the FedEx beside the airport after sunset and they are usually ready for pick up when the FedEx hub opens. My babies get a normal day in their cage and are boxed up when it is their bedtime. It is really no big deal. I've sent a few to Arizona.

I should probably not even say anything and I don't mean to argue with anyone - I'm sure the vast majority of the time things go just fine shipping chams to AZ, but the fact is, even by 10:00 around here, the back of a delivery truck can be well over 100 degrees. I personally would not risk it in the Summer - that's just me. I also realize there are "cooling packs" and all that, but they are only so effective. It's 90 degrees outside right now as I type this and it's 9:00am, and today will be cooler than normal for here! In the back of a delivery truck you could add a lot more heat to that 90 degrees. It's not an issue of whether the chams are guaranteed - it's not about that for me - I would feel just as bad if a cham died or suffered regardless of whether I get my money back or not. Perhaps it is simply best to have the animal held at the post office so it doesn't go out on the truck. That would probably be the safest. I have no actual experience in this (having a cham shipped in the middle of the summer) - just putting some additional thought out there.

Last edited:
I should probably not even say anything and I don't mean to argue with anyone - I'm sure the vast majority of the time things go just fine shipping chams to AZ, but the fact is, even by 10:00 around here, the back of a delivery truck can be well over 100 degrees. I personally would not risk it in the Summer - that's just me. I also realize there are "cooling packs" and all that, but they are only so effective. It's 90 degrees outside right now as I type this and it's 9:00am, and today will be cooler than normal for here! In the back of a delivery truck you could add a lot more heat to that 90 degrees. It's not an issue of whether the chams are guaranteed - it's not about that for me - I would feel just as bad if a cham died or suffered regardless of whether I get my money back or not. Perhaps it is simply best to have the animal held at the post office so it doesn't go out on the truck. That would probably be the safest. I have no actual experience in this (having a cham shipped in the middle of the summer) - just putting some additional thought out there.

I live in a similar location to you--south central Texas. I don't ship in this kind of weather. I wait. I ship with Phase 22 packs, which are gel packs that freeze or thaw at 22C (72F).

Also, I have my babies sent to a FedEx Ship Center where they are held for pick up. I rarely ship directly to a house, so they aren't on the back of a truck. If you are in a big city, the baby will be shipped overnight and delivered to the Ship Center early in the morning.

I live in a similar location to you--south central Texas. I don't ship in this kind of weather. I wait. I ship with Phase 22 packs, which are gel packs that freeze or thaw at 22C (72F).

Also, I have my babies sent to a FedEx Ship Center where they are held for pick up. I rarely ship directly to a house, so they aren't on the back of a truck. If you are in a big city, the baby will be shipped overnight and delivered to the Ship Center early in the morning.

Perfect!!!:) Hope it didn't sound like I was targeting you though - that definitely was not the intention!

Perfect!!!:) Hope it didn't sound like I was targeting you though - that definitely was not the intention!

Not all FedEx locations are allowed to handle live animals. To look it up yourself, go to FedEx.com/locate to find a location near you. At the top left beside the box where you type in a location (your address), is: "I WANT TO..." followed by a bunch of options. Click on the last option, a drop down menu "More." Click "Dangerous Goods Shipping" and "Hold at Location." That will give you all the locations nearest to you that will hold a reptile for pick up.

Back
Top Bottom