chameleons are slow !!

frankgtrs

hello chameleon forums

I am considering buying a veiled or panther chameleon in the next few months and after watching a lot of videos on youtube i started to wonder, do you ever sort of get frustrated at how slow they move ? do you ever wish they were a bit quicker ?

it's kind of ironic that I'm wondering this. I've had golden gecko for over 3 years and have never been able to get him out of his tank because of how quick he is jaja:p

they mioght be slow when just putting around but i tell you when they want to get moving they kick it into high gear, search the video for angry veild and watch it chase some guy all around his house, they may trick you into thinking there slow but they can motor along when they need to.. as for making me frustrated id say no its kind of calming and peaceful to wath them do the old 2 step

jaja I couldn't find the video but i can imagine it being a very scary experience.

they do seem extremely relaxing when they themselves are relaxed,
can't wait to get one !

When my veiled wants to he books it quick. Chameleons aren't a touchy geeky pet they are a showing kind. So moving slow is ok with me!

Oh they can move quick when you stick your hand in there they will move lol I think you should get a Bearded Dragon instead :eek:

They tend to always move slow. Just remember that when they climb onto your hand from their cage, they may go onto your hand 1 leg at a time, it may take forever so do not get impatient and yank them from anything. You could hurt them.

When my guy comes onto my hand I VERY slowly Lift upwards to coax him to keep goin and as soon as he's on he's al over exploring me.

the question actually came up when I was watching a video of chameleons mating, the male seemed to want to get to the female but he was moving so slow that it looked like she got frustrated and decided to move towards him instead of waiting jaja:D

thank you but I don't think I want bearded dragons they seem a bit boring to me and despite chameleons being considered advanced it'd actually be easier for me to provide proper care for a cham.

I was considering an ackie but i don't think my mother will let me build the enclosure, im deciding between leachie gecko and chameleon

they can move fast. and they are sneaky.

my female veiled snuck under two closed doors to get to my male veiled to 'do the deed' ;)

they can move super fast when they want.

and they ar super addicting.. I have 6 chams, and 38 veiled eggs.

this is a chameleon at top speed..

Not as fast as some other lizards.. and most of the time they move slowly

If that is top speed (Which is about as fast as I've ever seen) they are indeed very slow.

Everyone who says they are fast mush have never tried to catch a Gecko that didn't want to be caught, or even a Monitor that has decided to start moving. By comparison chameleons are incredibly slow animals.

That is part of their charm. I can open the enclosure and grab some feeders out of the bin and even at top speed he might make it to the door before I can head him off.

I would say if you're going to be frustrated by a slow animal a Chameleon is likely a bad choice. Now if you want to learn patience and advanced animal husbandry skills a Chameleon is a good choice.

wow they are a lot faster than i thought and no the speed at which they move is not a determining factor for me jaja

Back
Top Bottom