chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 62
  • Cham. Academy Plant List.jpeg
    Cham. Academy Plant List.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Petr Necas Plant List.jpeg
    Petr Necas Plant List.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 69
Alright guys these are the supplements I have got at the food I have for my crickets.. definitely don’t think that qualifies as gutloading.. but I will use the repashy 2 times a month as it has his vitamin and calcium w d3 and the zoomed calcium without d3. I will be home shortly to give a complete update! The other supplements were impulse buys.

Attachments

• E3EA8EAC-4BA5-41C4-80EF-1DFDB780A583.jpeg
    E3EA8EAC-4BA5-41C4-80EF-1DFDB780A583.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 67
Use the Zoo Med ReptiCalcium Without D3 every feeding, except for once every two weeks, when you'll use the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD (I think that's what you're doing already, so great job!). No other supplements are needed. Yes, that cricket food isn't the best, the gutload chart I posted above is great!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled, Male, 2 weeks
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not often maybe once every other day.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets and super worms What amount? 3 supers a week and roughly 10-12 crickets a day What is the schedule? Feed usually right when I wake up. How are you gut-loading your feeders? In pictures below
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? In pictures below and calcium w/d3 daily and calcium with d3 and vitamin twice a month.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? I have water dripping onto fake plant, I see him drink daily. How often and how long to you mist? I spray him twice a day and will most as much As I need to keep humidity. Do you see your chameleon drinking? Yes
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Not that I know of and will post pic of droppings below.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Got him from petsmart so nope..

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Currently have a 20g glass tank connected to a16x16x30 screen cage.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? I have 2 of the same fixtures over each tank (glass and screen) both with 5.0 uvb reptisun.
  • What is your daily lighting schedule? 9am to 9 pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 70° floor,85° basking. Use temp gun.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 50-70% day and 60-80% night, keep up for misting but honestly if you guys say 30-50% day I think that’s around the avg humidity in my room and then I’ve been misting far too much keeping humidity that high.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Fake plants..
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Is on top of my dresser, top of tank is just below ceiling. Tank is under vent but can close/open if need be. Do have ceiling fan in my room.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Wisconsin, usa

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 77
Use the Zoo Med ReptiCalcium Without D3 every feeding, except for once every two weeks, when you'll use the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD (I think that's what you're doing already, so great job!). No other supplements are needed. Yes, that cricket food isn't the best, the gutload chart I posted above is great!
I appreciate it I filled out your form and uploaded some more pics!

I also have a new screen for the side where my tank is connected to glass so if my screen cage is large enough for now until he gets bigger I can throw that on and load up his cage with some real plants and other stuff that I need that I don’t have now.

just purchased a new setup.. pls lmk if I may need different uvb/lighting setup :)

Attachments

• 4B71585D-A5B0-4053-8E9F-338DB89415DC.png
    4B71585D-A5B0-4053-8E9F-338DB89415DC.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 58
just purchased a new setup.. pls lmk if I may need different uvb/lighting setup :)
Here's what I put earlier:
You need a T5 High Output linear fixture the length that his biggest cage will be, and either an Arcadia 6% (replace yearly) or a Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 (replace every six months) T5 HO linear UVB bulb of the matching size. You'll hang and secure it 4" above the top of the cage and have his basking branch 4-5" below the top of the cage, for a proper UVI level of 3 at his basking spot.
Are you in an area that still has regular white light household incandescent bulbs for sale that aren't energy-efficient? If so, get one with a wattage that works for you, and use that as your basking bulb.

Get either a 2' (lay it straight across the top) or 3' (lay it diagonally across the top) long T5 HO linear fixture and bulb

Just curious if this light fixture would work with the bulbs that I would buy as the other fixtures are pretty expensive?

Attachments

• 00259ECB-533A-4314-8698-1AC40B2B84E7.png
    00259ECB-533A-4314-8698-1AC40B2B84E7.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 69
Also would this be the correct uvb bulb? I would rather only purchase one bulb a year vs 2, also what heat light would work? If that fixture I showed you would work, would one of the bulbs that come with it work as a heating bulb?

Attachments

• CACF4524-F492-4148-806B-7A017ABA5C78.png
    CACF4524-F492-4148-806B-7A017ABA5C78.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 58
Also would this be the correct uvb bulb? I would rather only purchase one bulb a year vs 2, also what heat light would work? If that fixture I showed you would work, would one of the bulbs that come with it work as a heating bulb?
That's the correct bulb, but you can get it for half the price at online reptile supply stores, like Pangea Reptile and Reptile Basics

Yes, but you'd probably need to get a Solarmeter 6.5 to measure the UVI levels yourself, along with probably getting a stronger bulb.
With the 6% Arcadia bulb, this entire lighting set-up is only $60 for the fixture and bulb, without shipping:
https://www.reptilebasics.com/t5-light-fixtures/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit-24-with-bulb/
For the fixture only, this is $36, without shipping:
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html
Say I order the uvb fixture/bulb from that site, would the heat lamp/fixture that I had ordered with my new cage work??

Yes, but most people prefer a bulb that casts off white light instead of no light
What would you recommend for the heat bulb/fixture? I’m sorry, I really appreciate all this and feel bad for bombarding with these questions but I’m ordering this stuff as we speak, this Cham WILL SURVIVE! I hope 🥲

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled, Male, 2 weeks
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not often maybe once every other day.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets and super worms What amount? 3 supers a week and roughly 10-12 crickets a day What is the schedule? Feed usually right when I wake up. How are you gut-loading your feeders? In pictures below
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? In pictures below and calcium w/d3 daily and calcium with d3 and vitamin twice a month.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? I have water dripping onto fake plant, I see him drink daily. How often and how long to you mist? I spray him twice a day and will most as much As I need to keep humidity. Do you see your chameleon drinking? Yes
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Not that I know of and will post pic of droppings below.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Got him from petsmart so nope..

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Currently have a 20g glass tank connected to a16x16x30 screen cage.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? I have 2 of the same fixtures over each tank (glass and screen) both with 5.0 uvb reptisun.
  • What is your daily lighting schedule? 9am to 9 pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 70° floor,85° basking. Use temp gun.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 50-70% day and 60-80% night, keep up for misting but honestly if you guys say 30-50% day I think that’s around the avg humidity in my room and then I’ve been misting far too much keeping humidity that high.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Fake plants..
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Is on top of my dresser, top of tank is just below ceiling. Tank is under vent but can close/open if need be. Do have ceiling fan in my room.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Wisconsin, usa
Can someone give me some feedback on this? Pls❤️

Back
Top Bottom