Chameleon won't eat Crickets

Leo....Leo

I got a veiled Chameleon about 4 weeks ago and he was fine until like 4 day ago and he stopped eating Crickets and he didn't eat for a day so I gave him so 3 waxworms and he ate those then I tried to give him a Crickets and he ran from it, so he hasn't eaten for 3 days. Should I wait till he eats crickets?

Attachments

• 15681222972964416701052931037687.jpg
    15681222972964416701052931037687.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 15681223284803199584055890264475.jpg
    15681223284803199584055890264475.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 119
Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:
◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------
Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
2 Photos can be very helpful.

Do fill out the health form, it will help you get better answers to your question.

Also include where you got the chameleon from.

Chameleons need variety in their diet. My veiled will not touch a cricket because that is all I had access to for a while. He is much more picky than my panthers. You need to be feeding it superworms, and you need to be changing the diet around.
I'd look for a great feeder source that has dubia roaches and different types of worms on the forums here. It will save you money and you will have access to variety.

Again: fill out the form. Also, go ahead and change up the diet. I love pizza and mac and cheese, but after a month of it I'll want something else. . .still not salad, but something else.

Wax worms are fatty and she is probably waiting for more to come along. She will eat crickets just fine in time. No healthy animal will starve itself to death.
To make sure she is healthy and getting the best care you can give her you will want to fillet the form and see if there are any gaps in your care you can improve.

I got a veiled Chameleon about 4 weeks ago and he was fine until like 4 day ago and he stopped eating Crickets and he didn't eat for a day so I gave him so 3 waxworms and he ate those then I tried to give him a Crickets and he ran from it, so he hasn't eaten for 3 days. Should I wait till he eats crickets?
try roaches. Mine went from eating anything to only Crickets, superworms, and waxworms. He stopped eating Roaches, BSFL, and Flies. I tried to starve him for 4 days, offering roaches everyday, nothing. He rather eat dirt than touch a roach. Even when I do a trail mix of bugs, if he catches a roach he will spit it out.

try roaches. Mine went from eating anything to only Crickets, superworms, and waxworms. He stopped eating Roaches, BSFL, and Flies. I tried to starve him for 4 days, offering roaches everyday, nothing. He rather eat dirt than touch a roach. Even when I do a trail mix of bugs, if he catches a roach he will spit it out.

Wow a*****e!! Lolll

They can go weeks without food, you gave in too soon. He will not starve himself, if he wants to be stubborn let him. You will win in the end.

Yeah, Drake was eating crickets fine until he got his first superworm. He wanted nothing else after that and refused crickets.
Had to do a little tuff love with him to get him back in line. Now he eats everything that moves

Back
Top Bottom