Chameleon Won't Eat and Is Constantly Shedding

Need more branches and foliage as well for her health and security. If you can find your chameleon right away there just isn't enough.
I believe what Brody is getting at is if that's all you feed your feeders everyweek that malnourishment can creep in. Mixing in some Bug Burger and/or Cricket Crack will help make it more robust of a gutload. I personally love Bee Pollen for gutloading and so do my feeders. I will give fresh veggies, fresh bug burger, and bee pollen at once. Guess which is usually the first they devour? Bee Pollen is amazing!

Okay, that makes sense. Will order some bee pollen and a burger right now.

I had a bunch more plants and foliage in there, but took a bunch out because looking at all of the set ups on this forum they all seemed to be pretty minimal.

I will put them in right now

Variety is critical, doubly so with females. Captive chams don’t get to eat the wide range of feeders their wild counter parts do. Due to this the can’t get all the nutrients they need by eating crickets or Dubias alone. We make up for this shortfall by gutloading our feeders with a huge variety of fruits and veggies. Not giving them a wide variety is the equivalent of letting your kid eat nothing but French fries, doesn’t work...

Variety is critical, doubly so with females. Captive chams don’t get to eat the wide range of feeders their wild counter parts do. Due to this the can’t get all the nutrients they need by eating crickets or Dubias alone. We make up for this shortfall by gutloading our feeders with a huge variety of fruits and veggies. Not giving them a wide variety is the equivalent of letting your kid eat nothing but French fries, doesn’t work...
But Dad I love French fries!!!! Brody spits the truth!

OP thank you so much for taking the time from your day to ask questions and also quickly respond. As well as not taking our advice as attacks on you but as constructive criticism and making the effort to do better for your chameleons sake. Basically thank you for being an adult lol. We don't get that on here often so when I see it I like to give my respect where it can be earned. So great job! Welcome to the cham family! Also kiss your wallet goodbye lol

But Dad I love French fries!!!! Brody spits the truth!

OP thank you so much for taking the time from your day to ask questions and also quickly respond. As well as not taking our advice as attacks on you but as constructive criticism and making the effort to do better for your chameleons sake. Basically thank you for being an adult lol. We don't get that on here often so when I see it I like to give my respect where it can be earned. So great job! Welcome to the cham family! Also kiss your wallet goodbye lol

Ooooh yeah.. it's a good thing I dont have kids, because after today's shopping spree they would have HAD to only eat French Fries

One last question for you all, this morning I woke up and Perry was up in the corner right below the linear uvb bulb like picking at the mesh right below it. Shes never done anything like that before so am worried

One last question for you all, this morning I woke up and Perry was up in the corner right below the linear uvb bulb like picking at the mesh right below it. Shes never done anything like that before so am worried
Was she picking or just climbing trying to find the next spot to put her hand? It could be all the changes you've made to her enclosure. Almost like when you brought her home for the first time. It's probably like a brand new setup to her. So she might take a little bit to get use to all the new, exciting, but much needed changes. Give her a couple days to settle in. But continue to monitor her and let us know if you feel something is out of sorts or not right

She was actually picking at it at the top corner right below the light

I will keep an eye on her, anything where her feet might get injured scares me because when I first started researching chameleon care I came across on article and the main picture was a chameleons foot all kinds of bloody and torn up. It kind of scarred me

She was actually picking at it at the top corner right below the light

I will keep an eye on her, anything where her feet might get injured scares me because when I first started researching chameleon care I came across on article and the main picture was a chameleons foot all kinds of bloody and torn up. It kind of scarred me
Was it’s like she’s trying to get out?

Back
Top Bottom