Chameleon Woke up Slow

Vince

My chameleon woke up extremely slow this morning. His light turns on at 8 and he didnt move till his mister went off at 10. Then he still only moved enough to get out of the majority of water. Also, stayed dark colors. He didnt climb to the top of the cage till 10:30 10: 45. I expect he is going to shed real soon, maybe he woke up uncomfortable because of this? Just maybe didnt sleep good?

Now that he is at the top he is bright green and active...

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed this with there chams??

Thanks

Chams are a little slower this time of year because of the winter, they acclimatize to their conditions. But if it keeps up you may want to get him checked. Keep an eye on him. Fill out this and we may be able to help you further.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage construction (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and type of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

im pretty sure he is about ready to shed. I think that might be the problem. And it was stated that they slow down in the winter months.

If he keeps it up i will defiantly get him checked out. Hes been acting normal just a different morning for him.

Back
Top Bottom