Chameleon with multiple possible problems..

Don’t be too hard on yourself! Honestly if I hadn’t joined the forums my chameleon would be either very sick or dead by now. Following the advice of the pet store associates isn’t always accurate, following the directions on the multivitamin bottle is deadly, and buying the lights and vines with pictures of chameleons are a waste of money and dangerous for our little ones. It’s hard to sort the facts from the (pardon my French) BS. So know that you are now being giving the correct information and best advice available to you by people with the most experience. ☺
I just wish I would have known I was harming him. I also should have been feeding him more but I’m glad I can fix things now and hopefully nurse him back to health. I really hope I can bring him out of the woods.

Even though he’s still in his hospital box tonight, his new home is almost complete with all the things he’ll need. I’m just waiting on the screen enclosure and honestly might wait until his health has mostly returned to stick him in there.

Update on Zenji, got him to eat 4 hornworms today with the last two a little tricking was used when he opened his mouth. Got him some water. Hoping to help him put some weight on and stay hydrated and recover from this terrible illness he’s had.

Update on Zenji, got him to eat 4 hornworms today with the last two a little tricking was used when he opened his mouth. Got him some water. Hoping to help him put some weight on and stay hydrated and recover from this terrible illness he’s had.
Careful adding water in the mouth... If he is trying to chew the horn worm you may aspirate him because he will not expect the water.

Merry Christmas and I’m soo glad to hear that your little one is eating well! I hope for a fast recovery for your chameleon, getting your husbandry on point and keeping the stress as low as possible will help your chameleon build up that immune system and hopefully he will be back to his normal Cham self in no time, please keep us updated.

Careful adding water in the mouth... If he is trying to chew the horn worm you may aspirate him because he will not expect the water.
I am going to stop forcing water in him because his urates are now runny and white and I think that means he’s extra hydrated right? I also am worried he may have inhaled some of the water but he’s been okay for a day so I’ve just been watching carefully. But I don’t want to try anymore.

Merry Christmas and I’m soo glad to hear that your little one is eating well! I hope for a fast recovery for your chameleon, getting your husbandry on point and keeping the stress as low as possible will help your chameleon build up that immune system and hopefully he will be back to his normal Cham self in no time, please keep us updated.
Merry Christmas to you too! Hopefully he keeps on fighting and my husbandry will be perfect when he’s ready to go back into his enclosure :)

I am going to stop forcing water in him because his urates are now runny and white and I think that means he’s extra hydrated right? I also am worried he may have inhaled some of the water but he’s been okay for a day so I’ve just been watching carefully. But I don’t want to try anymore.
If he is taking hornworms then he is getting hydration from the feeder. No need to try to force water if he is taking them. Urates will be orange and solid if he is dehydrated.

If he is taking hornworms then he is getting hydration from the feeder. No need to try to force water if he is taking them. Urates will be orange and solid if he is dehydrated.
If he’s been okay for 24 hours should I be worried about the possible aspiration or just keep his temps up and let him clear it on his own?

If he’s been okay for 24 hours should I be worried about the possible aspiration or just keep his temps up and let him clear it on his own?
Honestly I do not know. I do not have hands on experience just what I have learned from reading. I am guessing though the aspiration risk has passed to my knowledge this is normally pretty immediate.

Okay everyone. I’m not quite sure yet if he’s passed away but I believe he has. I’m sitting close to his box watching him. No movements, not even when I touch him or move his arms. I don’t know if there rigor Mortis yet as he is still movable. He still has green and yellow coloring so I just don’t know.

I hope I eased your passage into the next world. I hope that my loving and caring for you did more than I think it did. I hope you can find peace in another life and I hope you forgive me for not being able to help you and all the mistake I made. I hope I can forgive myself. Zenji I hope we can meet and I can make it right in another lifetime. I hope it was peaceful. I hope you are in heaven if it exists.

Attachments

• 1582E937-A92E-4435-B0F8-1B080BF91076.jpeg
    1582E937-A92E-4435-B0F8-1B080BF91076.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 86
I hope I eased your passage into the next world. I hope that my loving and caring for you did more than I think it did. I hope you can find peace in another life and I hope you forgive me for not being able to help you and all the mistake I made. I hope I can forgive myself. Zenji I hope we can meet and I can make it right in another lifetime. I hope it was peaceful. I hope you are in heaven if it exists.
I’m soo sorry for your loss!😭

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost mine on Saturday due to a nasty case of pneumonia.

Back
Top Bottom