Chameleon wine anyone?

Chuck G

Avid Member
I don't know if anyone has seen this but it is the real deal.
A friend passed it on to me and I haven't tried it yet but I had to post it.

Last edited:
I have to find this wine!
I hope it's good ... it'll be the only one I serve from now on if I like it!
Thanks for sharing that!

-Brad

I am not a wine drinker but I'd love a bottle as an ornament! ;) Shame they are based in California (I live in England)

I live 30 min away from where they have there vinyard If any one wants a bottle or case I could ship it to you...

Kind offer - thank you. I would struggle to pay you in dollars though as my currency is sterling (£). I dare say others in USA will take you up on your kind offer to ship though:)

Digging up an old thread here -

Brad or anyone else, have you had a chance to try this yet? I am working on building up my wine rack again now that im all settled in after the big move... and im a bit picky with wine, I hate opening a bottle and being disappointed. Id love to order a case, but would love some input first.

Thanks!

I've had it. They actually serve it on flights aboard ExpressJet Airlines. It's a Norcal guy who produces it. Not the greatest but an awesome gimick and it does provide the desired effect!

Thanks for the info Matt.

I forgot about this thread. I will see if my local store has some tomorrow and let everyone know.

hey i'm sure its not actually made with real chameleons, but I'll take this time to share, when I was in china in 2 years after hong kong became chinese territory, I took a 2 week tour that started in the populated cities and worked its way northwest to the villages via a party boat on the Lei River

this region is extremely mountainous, all of the mountains covered in dense brush.

There were hundreds and hundreds of villages along this river, and as we passed them, they'd have have the fastest rowers try to approach the party boat in skinny gondala type boats to try to sell us things like figurines and art

man these things could fly, they were doing like 20+ by hand which is insane

anyways the reason I bring this story up, is in this region there is a popular wine prepared by catching all the venonous snakes and vipers and what not and placing large male heads in the jar to ferment.

its drank by the shot glass and is extremely powerful, my dad took a shot and said it was stronger than everclear.

the jar was very large and had some MASSIVE snake heads in it

this was beleived by the chinese to give you good luck and build your immune system for venonous snake bites which is very important in this region as there are only rivers and trails, and a few dirt roads

a crazy experience none the less, it looks like this wine is just package with some cham art tho which is cool none the less

No luck.
They had something with chameleon on the label, but the picture was an anole.

Dankmeleon:
Very interesting story.

Yeah, I heard about that stuff. It's a kind of saki, I think (Rice wine) and they also use whole lizards and various other fauna common in China's nether regions.
hey i'm sure its not actually made with real chameleons, but I'll take this time to share, when I was in china in 2 years after hong kong became chinese territory, I took a 2 week tour that started in the populated cities and worked its way northwest to the villages via a party boat on the Lei River

this region is extremely mountainous, all of the mountains covered in dense brush.

There were hundreds and hundreds of villages along this river, and as we passed them, they'd have have the fastest rowers try to approach the party boat in skinny gondala type boats to try to sell us things like figurines and art

man these things could fly, they were doing like 20+ by hand which is insane

anyways the reason I bring this story up, is in this region there is a popular wine prepared by catching all the venonous snakes and vipers and what not and placing large male heads in the jar to ferment.

its drank by the shot glass and is extremely powerful, my dad took a shot and said it was stronger than everclear.

the jar was very large and had some MASSIVE snake heads in it

this was beleived by the chinese to give you good luck and build your immune system for venonous snake bites which is very important in this region as there are only rivers and trails, and a few dirt roads

a crazy experience none the less, it looks like this wine is just package with some cham art tho which is cool none the less

yes you are right! it was a type of rice wine, rice is a very strangely grown product too, I'm not sure why but rice paddies are underwater????

Back
Top Bottom