Chameleon wanting to come out

Yeah! Most likely you’ll be washing the germs, cobwebs and bird poop off the branch. Pretty much what pet shops do! Haha. Also be careful with the dog please! Putting the obvious stress matters I’m sure you’ve heard about aside, you never know what will happen!
I don’t fear my small dog coming into my room as she can’t do much, she’s too tiny lol, but my greyhound is clumsy, always hungry and really curious so I never let her in my room as my cham can get scared or she can make a distaster by accident.
I'll definitely be on the look out for some nice branches now and I'll be sure to wash them off before using them ? I don't ever take Bojangles to the dog, but the dog is usually in the same room when Jangles comes out and he always tries to gravitate towards her. But I'll definitely be putting the dog in another room whenever Jangles wants out in future ?

Woah your dog!? Im guna be straight up with you, thats seriously DANGEROUS to your cham...although what looks like innocent playing, licking etc. I can assure you your cham is getting stressed from this... the reason he is trying to climb your dog is most likely cuz he is scared for his life! I personally NEVER put my cham in sight of possible predators, cats, dogs, other chams will raise his stress levels, and this is what we as keepers try to prevent!try to look at it from your chamelons perspective and please be proactive with your ineteractitions with your cham ?
It's always the cham that goes over to the dog not the other way round. And because he has never showed signs of stress and it was him making the moves, I thought he wasn't bothered about the dog. But I will definitely be putting the dog in another room whenever Bojangles wants out in future ?

um im pretty sure the vast majority of the time that any chameleon wants to get out of their cage is because its bad and they are looking for somewhere better, so you might want to copy and paste this form and fill it out in detail to get feedback. and yeah definitly do not expose your chameleon to a dog, it has to be stressed by that.

but heres the form:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Definitely got to agree he’s looking for a better place to live. Very obvious to an experienced keeper. He feels exposed and is looking for a safe place to hide. Get some real plants and some better branches and he should calm down.
There is real plants in there too. He's in a bioactive set up so I only put the fake foliage in there temporarily to give him some spaces to hide while the real plants start to grow. But I've just managed to find some live plants that are already quite big so these should be here in the next couple of days ?

Back
Top Bottom