Chameleon wanting to come out

Hey guys!

Just thought I would share some cute videos with you now Mr Bojangles has settled in ?

He sits and scratches at the glass whenever he wants to come out to play. Does anyone else's do this?

He seems to be very interested in my dog too. Does anyone else have chameleons that are obsessed with dogs? I have introduced them briefly and he always tries to climb on the dogs head and the dog just wants to lick him ?‍♀️

This is what he does when he wants to come out:
Jangles wants out

This is Bojangles coming out:
Climbing out

He is around 6 months old now and his little personality is starting to show. I absolutely love the little guy ? I've noticed he likes to lick my arm... Does anyone know what this means? It's only a little lick as if he's licking a branch or leaf for water, his full tongue doesn't come out. I've read it can be him marking his territory or checking for other male chameleons.

Hey guys!

Just thought I would share some cute videos with you now Mr Bojangles has settled in ?

He sits and scratches at the glass whenever he wants to come out to play. Does anyone else's do this?

He seems to be very interested in my dog too. Does anyone else have chameleons that are obsessed with dogs? I have introduced them briefly and he always tries to climb on the dogs head and the dog wants to just lick him ?‍♀️

Jangles wants out

Climbing out

He is around 6 months old now and his little personality is starting to show. I absolutely love the little guy ?

Oh my god he is the cutest!
I love how he “sits” until you open the door so he can climb on your arm!

Oh my goodness Mr. Bojangles is so cute! ???Thank you for sharing videos of your beautiful buddy!
Thank you! He is adorable isn't he? ? He was scratching to come out 3 times today ? He only normally does this once a day. But I think it's because he had another shed today so he may have been wanting a distraction from the itchiness ?

Hey guys!

He seems to be very interested in my dog too. Does anyone else have chameleons that are obsessed with dogs? I have introduced them briefly and he always tries to climb on the dogs head and the dog just wants to lick him ?‍♀️

Jangles wants out

Climbing out

He is around 6 months old now and his little personality is starting to show. I absolutely love the little guy ? I've noticed he likes to lick my arm... Does anyone know what this means? It's only a little lick as if he's licking a branch or leaf for water, his full tongue doesn't come out. I've read it can be him marking his territory or checking for other male chameleons.
I am sorry but I cannot candy coat this message so please no offense but I need to be very strict and candor.

First
Obviously your Chamaeleon wants to get out of the cage which is terribly equipped with too thick and dark branches, dangerous and toxic fake plants and fake vines. He has nowhere to hide, he is ytoo exposed and he simply wants to get out of this hell of Cage

Second
It is absolutely terrible and unacceptable to expose a Chamaeleon to a dog. The dog is a predator for the Chamaeleon and it is only a matter of time when a disaster will happen when either the dog will kill or harm the Chamaeleon or the Chamaeleon will get shocked and even die of stress from such an encounter. It is cruel and illegal and wrong and unethical to expose a Chamaeleon to a dog. I beg you and ask you an urge you not to repeat it Any more !!!

Yeah!! It’s so cute!! Mine just waits on a branch until I put his container with food there!

I have a baby veiled chameleon, and, he’s SOOO sassy! I’m waiting until I can work with him on trusting me, but at the moment I just gotta deal with him refusing to eat mealworms (I know they’re bad but this guy won’t even eat them as a treat, he loves crickets!) or staring at me from his favourite spot to sleep until I turn off his lights. Chams are so smart! :,))
BF08EFE8-4965-479F-A0D3-438B5536819A.jpeg
7EA57058-364B-4646-8103-194D0C6DECCF.png
01E752C1-19D3-487B-9C02-FB522DC0D445.jpeg
A906F830-1A3B-4D88-993D-831057D20811.jpeg

I am sorry but I cannot candy coat this message so please no offense but I need to be very strict and candor.

First
Obviously your Chamaeleon wants to get out of the cage which is terribly equipped with too thick and dark branches, dangerous and toxic fake plants and fake vines. He has nowhere to hide, he is ytoo exposed and he simply wants to get out of this hell of Cage

Second
It is absolutely terrible and unacceptable to expose a Chamaeleon to a dog. The dog is a predator for the Chamaeleon and it is only a matter of time when a disaster will happen when either the dog will kill or harm the Chamaeleon or the Chamaeleon will get shocked and even die of stress from such an encounter. It is cruel and illegal and wrong and unethical to expose a Chamaeleon to a dog. I beg you and ask you an urge you not to repeat it Any more !!!
No offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. These are the only branches and vines available in the UK? As for the fake plants, they are only temporary as he actually has a bioactive setup so once everything has grown the fake plants will be gone. I just wanted to give him cover temporarily. He oftens hides in them, so much that sometimes I can't find him haha!

As for the dog thing I didn't realise it was illegal. And he has never showed any signs of stress whenever they've been introduced. It's the chameleon that goes over to the dog, not the other way round. The dog doesn't go anywhere near him. It's only ever been when Mr Bojangles has gone over to the dog. And obviously I then take Jangles away from the dog, that's why I said they have briefly been introduced. But every time he comes out, he goes over to the dog. I will start putting the dog in another room whenever he comes out ?

No offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. These are the only branches and vines available in the UK? As for the fake plants, they are only temporary as he actually has a bioactive setup so once everything has grown the fake plants will be gone. I just wanted to give him cover temporarily. He oftens hides in them, so much that sometimes I can't find him haha!

As for the dog thing I didn't realise it was illegal. And he has never showed any signs of stress whenever they've been introduced. It's the chameleon that goes over to the dog, not the other way round. The dog doesn't go anywhere near him. It's only ever been when Mr Bojangles has gone over to the dog. And obviously I then take Jangles away from the dog, that's why I said they have briefly been introduced. But every time he comes out, he goes over to the dog. I will start putting the dog in another room whenever he comes out ?

If you don’t happen to come across branches to buy, maybe go to a park and find some good thick branches that Mr.Bojangles can hold on to? Just make sure to deeply wash them with soap and make sure you rinse the soap off so there aren’t any bits of chemicals on the branch.

I have a baby veiled chameleon, and, he’s SOOO sassy! I’m waiting until I can work with him on trusting me, but at the moment I just gotta deal with him refusing to eat mealworms (I know they’re bad but this guy won’t even eat them as a treat, he loves crickets!) or staring at me from his favourite spot to sleep until I turn off his lights. Chams are so smart! :,))
View attachment 279644View attachment 279645View attachment 279646View attachment 279647
Hahah I love that he can be sassy tho. That just adds to their personality ? He is absolutely adorable ?? Thank you for sharing your photos with me!!! What did you call the little guy?

If you don’t happen to come across branches to buy, maybe go to a park and find some good thick branches that Mr.Bojangles can hold on to? Just make sure to deeply wash them with soap and make sure you rinse the soap off so there aren’t any bits of chemicals on the branch.
Thanks so much for the tip. I didn't realise you could do that and thought you had to get them from the pet shops incase there was germs or anything on them. I'll be on the look out for some good branches for him now ?

Thanks so much for the tip. I didn't realise you could do that and thought you had to get them from the pet shops incase there was germs or anything on them. I'll be on the look out for some good branches for him now ?

Yeah! Most likely you’ll be washing the germs, cobwebs and bird poop off the branch. Pretty much what pet shops do! Haha. Also be careful with the dog please! Putting the obvious stress matters I’m sure you’ve heard about aside, you never know what will happen!
I don’t fear my small dog coming into my room as she can’t do much, she’s too tiny lol, but my greyhound is clumsy, always hungry and really curious so I never let her in my room as my cham can get scared or she can make a distaster by accident.

Woah your dog!? Im guna be straight up with you, thats seriously DANGEROUS to your cham...although what looks like innocent playing, licking etc. I can assure you your cham is getting stressed from this... the reason he is trying to climb your dog is most likely cuz he is scared for his life! I personally NEVER put my cham in sight of possible predators, cats, dogs, other chams will raise his stress levels, and this is what we as keepers try to prevent!try to look at it from your chamelons perspective and please be proactive with your ineteractitions with your cham ?

Back
Top Bottom