Chameleon Tricks

It's going good. I can tell he's dropped a few grams. He has stopped begging for food. I feed him 4 medium crickets every other day with a small horned worm 2 times a week. He prefers the Money Tree over Pothos. He hates Dubias and Superworms I would like to try Silkworms and Locust but I can't find any. He gets calcium at feedings and Reptivite w/D3 on the 1st and 15th. Should I add vitamin A?
Your reptivite with D3 has vitamin A as well. So you are all set.
@Beman I'm doing good as well, with his diet. Of course my Cham Therapist had to help me with managing my feelings. I wanted to give him what ever he wanted.🤣
:hilarious:

@Beman Carmelo weighed in at 218g. His previous weight was 223g. He looks so thin, his ribs are showing, his middle section is now flat, and he has excess skin. His goal is180g but he is gonna look rail thin. FYI - he hates the scale and went directly to bed after being weighed but his PJs are cute!

Attachments

• 20221204_223119.jpg
    20221204_223119.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 64
@Beman Carmelo weighed in at 218g. His previous weight was 223g. He looks so thin, his ribs are showing, his middle section is now flat, and he has excess skin. His goal is180g but he is gonna look rail thin. FYI - he hates the scale and went directly to bed after being weighed but his PJs are cute!
He does not look thin hun... We judge by the casque and cheeks on these guys. Based on the pics you posted in this post he is quite heavy still. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-tricks.188671/post-1751091

Do you know how long he is from tip of nose to end of tail?

He does not look thin hun... We judge by the casque and cheeks on these guys. Based on the pics you posted in this post he is quite heavy still. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-tricks.188671/post-1751091

Do you know how long he is from tip of nose to end of tail?
I don't know his length but l will measure him. I still love his chunky cheeks and extremely large casque.🥰 Could he be from the giant Cham Species? We will continue his diet and strive for 180g.

I don't know his length but l will measure him. I still love his chunky cheeks and extremely large casque.🥰 Could he be from the giant Cham Species? 🤣 We will continue his diet and strive for 180g.
@Beman, I'm still having daily therapy sessions. I have fallen so in love with this guy. Who knew? The old me did not like spiders, snakes, bugs, lizzards, chameleons or other non typical pets. The new me rushes home from work to sing the Chameleon song. Carmelo is the only one that enjoys what I call singing.

I don't know his length but l will measure him. I still love his chunky cheeks and extremely large casque.🥰 Could he be from the giant Cham Species? We will continue his diet and strive for 180g.
lol I know it is easy to love the chunk... But we want less chunk. When you can try to get a measurement for me. The total length will tell me a lot when it comes to his weight.

@Beman, Drum roll! Carmelo is 218g and 21 inches from snout to end of tail. He seems to prefer the plant light LED over his basking area and he hates TK's feeder. I love the feeder for dubias and worms. He will not eat crickets from the feeder. He likes to hunt them.
So he is a large male at 21 inches so your looking for somewhere in the 180 range for a good weight. I think if you can get him below 200 that will be helpful to reduce fat storage and lower risk of his organs becoming compromised. Start weighing him every week to every other week. You want to see a few grams each week. Should be nice and slow loss.

Back
Top Bottom