Chameleon Sticking Tongue Out- is this Normal?

Ambilobe123

Avid Member
My juvenile panther chameleon has recently started keeping his mouth slightly open, leaving his tongue out for extended lengths of time. He recently got over MBD, so he sometimes grabs his lip rather than the branch- maybe that irritated the area? Also, we got him a new umbrella plant. is this normal, or is something wrong?

It’s not normal !!. Did you correct what needed to from your dec thread ?

what did you end up with for lighting ??

If this is the same Cham from dec the Mbd is not over , It’s months and months recovery is slow . A powder supplement will not correct Mbd . He would need liquid provided by a exotic vet .

I’m doing everything that the breeder told me to do, I have the bulb that he recommended, Leo is as strong as he was before, I have corrected everything, and we are currently building a new cage for him- he seems fine! What could be wrong?

I’m doing everything that the breeder told me to do, I have the bulb that he recommended, Leo is as strong as he was before, I have corrected everything, and we are currently building a new cage for him- he seems fine! What could be wrong?
I’m not a vet only a vet could help you to find out . Could you bring him back to the vet whom saw him for the Mbd ??

What uvb light do you use? What basking light do you use?
Are you still treating the MBD with liquid calcium? What specific supplements are you using and how often for each?
What do you feed/gutload the insects with now?
What's the temperature where the chameleon sits to bask?

Back
Top Bottom