Chameleon staying on the bottom

Sherriechambers

My veiled chameleon, Mojo, is staying on the bottom of the terrarium and not wanting to eat. I am new to having a chameleon but I have done everything that I was told to do. I have a uvb 10.0 linear bulb and a basking bulb on him during the day. Then at night I turn it off. His temp close to the light is between 85-90 degrees and around 70 in the lower part of the tank. The humidity stays between 50 and 60. He is about 6-8 months old. Can someone please give me advise. I have attached a pic of Mojo and his habitat.

Attachments

• 0B948EDB-2E87-4C36-AA2D-A042567577DF.jpeg
    0B948EDB-2E87-4C36-AA2D-A042567577DF.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 465623DE-F493-4DE7-9C7F-4D54095A7891.jpeg
    465623DE-F493-4DE7-9C7F-4D54095A7891.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 87
Just sand and make sure it stays some what moist so when she digs a tunnel it keeps its shape and doesn’t collapse on her. Also maybe put a towel over the front of the viv so she doesn’t see you walk by and stress her out, forcing her body to hold onto the eggs and not lay. The plant cover is eh ok for her to feel sheltered while she lays and digs. Maybe add a few plants if possible that would shade over the sand a little bit and add hidey places. Main thing is don’t keep messing with her or peeking at her other than misting or feeding

Just sand and make sure it stays some what moist so when she digs a tunnel it keeps its shape and doesn’t collapse on her. Also maybe put a towel over the front of the viv so she doesn’t see you walk by and stress her out, forcing her body to hold onto the eggs and not lay. The plant cover is eh ok for her to feel sheltered while she lays and digs. Maybe add a few plants if possible that would shade over the sand a little bit and add hidey places. Main thing is don’t keep messing with her or peeking at her other than misting or feeding
Ok thank you so much!!

She needs a laybin ASAP...like yesterday. I hope you're not too late and that she's not eggbound. She will need privacy while she is digging as well. Don't let her see you while she's digging.

Here's how it should go...she may dig several test holes but should settle on one and dig it until she's happy with it. She should then turn around butt down, usually in the evening and lay the eggs....fill the hole in and tamp it down and return to the branches hungry, thirsty and thin.

If she doesn't do this...sits low in the cage, sleeps during the day, seems lethargic get her to a good chameleon vet ASAP or you will lose her.

Good luck!

Also, your light should be a 5.0
A 10.0 is too strong in that small enclosure.

And ditch that waterfall. It breeds bacteria and is not good for a chameleon. ?

After you fix those couple rhings mentioned by everyone above, you could benefit greatly from filling out the "help form". (You can use the search bar and literally search the phrase "help form",copy and paste, fill in your info)

Back
Top Bottom