Help! My 3 month old male baby chameleon is sleeping during the day, I have only noticed it today. Here is his husbandry:
- Your Chameleon - 3 month old male panther chameleon, has been in my care for 6 days
- Handling - I do not handle my chameleon since I just got it
- Feeding - I feed my chameleon dubia roaches, BSFL, waxworms, and hornworms. 8 dubias, 3 BSFL, 1 hornworm and 1 waxworm everyday. I gut load my feeders with collard greens and carrots.
- Supplements - I use calcium without d3 6 times a week, and then calcium with d3 once every other week. I use a multivitamin once every other week.
- Watering - I use the mistking misting system and I mist my enclosure 3 times for 2 minutes every day. I have seen my chameleon drink once but I know he has probably been drinking more but they are shy eaters and drinkers.
- Fecal Description - My chameleon has never been tested for parasites. His stool is dark brown and has a slimy substance over it.
- History - I bought him from Roberson Reptiles and he was shipped from Florida to California overnight.
- Cage Type - My cage is a 2 x 2 x 4 screen enclosure
- Lighting - I use a T5 HO 5.0 Linear UVB light. I use a basking light and another light for the plants to grow.
- Temperature - The ambient temperature during the day is 70 degrees, its basking temperature is 80 degrees. I measure these temperatures with a temperature gun and the lowest the temp goes is 65 during the night.
- Humidity - The humidity levels in the cage are 45% so I ordered plastic shower curtains to put on the sides of the enclosure to retain more moisture. I use a hydrometer to measure the humidity.
- Plants - I am using all live plants- A money Tree, a Hawaiian Ti Plant, a Pothos plant, an Umbrella Tree, a Calathea Plant, a Wandering Jew, a Weeping Fig, a Spider plant, and a Prayer plant.
- Placement - My cage is located in my room, very low traffic.
- Location - I am in California