Chameleon Sitting Nightmare

Bahahahaha. My husband will NOT touch her! He always says, "i dont want salmonella!" But if I had to leave, i can trust he would feed the cham and her feeders(he always catches her flies. He says its their thing), and put water in her automatic mister, and then he feeds all the other animals all the time. I only have to feed the cham and the birds. Lol.

What the heck was your pet sitter thinking? Mist king isn't misting so just throw it out? really... Those systems are so easy to troubleshoot if they arent misting. The only times mine doesn't mist is when the power supply burnt out once and when I forget to make RO water for the reservoir.

If I was clueless about misters I would've atleast called asking what to do instead of just throwing in out...

(sorry i'm late to the party but had to get that out of my system lol)

When i go on vacation it will be easy now.

"Ok put the meat ball on the plate infront of the closet, it should magically disappear in a few hours"

"pee pee pads may end up with poop on them, source is unknown"

(in reality, if left unattended, the 3ft tegu will get out of his cage, hide in the sheets with the heatmats in the closet till the end of time, and just come out occasionally to forage/poop)
Pet sitting for you would be very cool but a little frightening.

Yeah I have to board with my local pet store. Although some of the employees have chams themselves and take great care of apollo! I think there was someone who bred Jackson's there too but most of em have veileds and panthers! Also WHY THROW OUT A MIST KING!? those types of problems are an easy fix, I have to hand mist! If I find your mistking at the dump is it finders keepers??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I have to board with my local pet store. Although some of the employees have chams themselves and take great care of apollo! I think there was someone who bred Jackson's there too but most of em have veileds and panthers! Also WHY THROW OUT A MIST KING!? those types of problems are an easy fix, I have to hand mist! If I find your mistking at the dump is it finders keepers??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I KNOW
And hahahahaha sure if you come across a missing one it’s all yours

They must have bumped the MistKing nozzle and it sprayed the bulb while it was on. That is one of the quicker ways to destroy a bulb.
I hope they aren't selling your MistKing somewhere. Keep an eye on Craigs List.
That’s what I’m worried about, I told them it was pricey and I was excited about it so it would be really disappointing if they stole it to try and sell.

Lol "and never leave your house".That is a terrible story, but a hilarious conclusion!! I hope they DO get you a new mistking!!!!
I’m gonna have to get Jameson a little harness and just take him with me everywhere like I do my pup!
we can risk this again hahaha

I only leave my babies with my mom, I dont think I trust anyone else on this earth. If my mom cant do it, I dont go lol
It was such a bummer because I really trusted this person! They had done such a good job with my other animals in the past. Now I’m gonna have to buy a third airplane seat for little cham when we go out of town.

Its hard to find people who understand. I know people who have had people watch their hawks. Bad bad things happen. At least the chams cant eat each other.

This is why I had to skip out on PokemonGOFest this year. I didn’t trust anyone with my babies :( Thankfully your babies are fine but horrible pet sitting experience
The worst part is now I’m basically back to square one, hand misting and a compact uvb bulb while I wait for the new linear one

What the heck was your pet sitter thinking? Mist king isn't misting so just throw it out? really... Those systems are so easy to troubleshoot if they arent misting. The only times mine doesn't mist is when the power supply burnt out once and when I forget to make RO water for the reservoir.

If I was clueless about misters I would've atleast called asking what to do instead of just throwing in out...

(sorry i'm late to the party but had to get that out of my system lol)
It’s super weird??? If I was pet sitting and someone’s something broke I wouldn’t just chuck it in the trash??????

It’s super weird??? If I was pet sitting and someone’s something broke I wouldn’t just chuck it in the trash??????
Something is amiss here. Is it me just assuming the worst, he was going to steal it? I mean like you said, chuck it in the trash? Hmm...... I dont understand. It sounds like theft. Was there any glass in/on your cage?

Something is amiss here. Is it me just assuming the worst, he was going to steal it? I mean like you said, chuck it in the trash? Hmm...... I dont understand. It sounds like theft. Was there any glass in/on your cage?
I’d like to think that they really were just trying to help, but the whole situation is very very suspicious. There was a little left over glass on the top of the cage so I know the bulb really did break at least.
They have promised a new Mistking as well so as long as I get that I’ll be okay. I really don’t want to have to save up and have to purchase everything all over again.

I’m going to be keeping my eyes peeled on Craigslist and the Facebook market place to see if it comes up anywhere.
Them saying they’d pay to replace it also makes me think it could actually have been an accident, but again, we’ll see.

thats really horrible. It seems like they may have broken the light while taking the mistking. I mean I don’t know how you had it hooked up but those aren’t that easy to just take and throw out.

Back
Top Bottom