Chameleon Rooms and Visual Barriers

That's funny because it's true. My girls and babies are in my office and all I do is stare at them and get hardly any work done. I'm going to go check on them all the time anyway and it saves me a trip.
I've been looking at expanding into the garage and using an indoor outdoor settup where the cage banks get rolled out for sun and back in for temperature control. The only way this will work is with parallel cage banks. I was planing on hanging curtains in between. Would like to know if you come up with a better solution.

Cautionary Tale: I did have one male damage his horns in what I think was an attempt to get to another species female 7 yards away across the patio. Even when his view was blocked he continued to try to get out of the cage. I had to move him to another cage to convince him to stop. "Shiv" has now earned himself a spot in my breeding program. He had great horns and still has beautiful colors and I look forward to having that in future generations.

I actually considered the same exact thing, as we are getting a new garage soon... but I’m concerned that a) I cant see them! b) fumes and c) temp control since its detached. Basement it is. Argh... I think Im going to be stuck doing the offset walls. Wont be as functional but will look better and more open. Not sure where I’ll fit a desk like that but I’ll make it work!

I have thought about this a lot actually if we move I would want to have more chams... But Bane gets sooooo mad now if he sees either of the other boys. Even if they are 8 feet away. The only way I can think of doing it is having them back to back.. If you could do this in the center of the room with a walkway around the outside then it could work to limit visibility.

I actually considered the same exact thing, as we are getting a new garage soon... but I’m concerned that a) I cant see them! b) fumes and c) temp control since its detached. Basement it is. Argh... I think Im going to be stuck doing the offset walls. Wont be as functional but will look better and more open. Not sure where I’ll fit a desk like that but I’ll make it work!

Yo may be surprised how little desk you need. lol My Cham table is 9ft by 33 in, my desk WAS 36x33. I cut it on the bias so not it is lust a triangle lol. It was taking to much space.

Are these valid safe ? Just curious

Well that’s a great point, I know that they’re shown as “softer” leaves (most likely silk) and that does pose its own risks if it’s eaten, but I was thinking mostly for the “visual barrier” function and not a “play area” function but if your chameleon doesn’t eat plants then it might be an option for both.

I have thought about this a lot actually if we move I would want to have more chams... But Bane gets sooooo mad now if he sees either of the other boys. Even if they are 8 feet away. The only way I can think of doing it is having them back to back.. If you could do this in the center of the room with a walkway around the outside then it could work to limit visibility.

Yea I think in the forests it may be different. But my female has flared up with my male in another room around a corner, but could see one tiny piece.

Yo may be surprised how little desk you need. lol My Cham table is 9ft by 33 in, my desk WAS 36x33. I cut it on the bias so not it is lust a triangle lol. It was taking to much space.

Tell me about it. We are doing a lot of construction - so between tools, wood, hobbies, chameleons, and bugs... my little laptop tucks in a corner right now. I’m envisioning a large desk that I can use for a variety of hobbies plus work - but you are right that I’ll likely end up with my elbows tucked into my ribs!

Tell me about it. We are doing a lot of construction - so between tools, wood, hobbies, chameleons, and bugs... my little laptop tucks in a corner right now. I’m envisioning a large desk that I can use for a variety of hobbies plus work - but you are right that I’ll likely end up with my elbows tucked into my ribs!

Yea the Chameleon table, as I call it now, was my giant hobby table/desk. But this was my favorite hobby so its great.

Back
Top Bottom