Chameleon proximity

Pjtbug

Hey guys,
I’ve had my veiled for almost a year now and I’ve gained a lot of experience caring for the different problems that arise, in happy to say that there have been no health problems, but now that I’ve got some experience I was looking into getting a panther. I know they’re a little different when it comes to husbandry, but this isn’t a post about that, I’m doing a ton of research on my own time, and will continue before I even come to a decision. My question is about where I would have to put the chameleon. I know that keeping two chameleons in the same cage is a HUGE no no, but I’m not entirely sure if keeping them in the same room, on different sides is alright, or if I would have to find a different room to put the panther? Any help is much appreciated

As long as they can't see eachother you're fine. Most people put cages side by side with some type of dark divider in between so they're not constantly stressing eachother out. Hope this helps. Goodluck and Godspeed on your quest for chameleon knowledge. This forum is an awesome source for that. As well as Bill Strands Podcast at chameleonbreeders.com

As long as they can't see eachother you're fine. Most people put cages side by side with some type of dark divider in between so they're not constantly stressing eachother out. Hope this helps. Goodluck and Godspeed on your quest for chameleon knowledge. This forum is an awesome source for that. As well as Bill Strands Podcast at chameleonbreeders.com
Thank you, I hadn’t even thought of a divider, that would help save a lay of space, I could probably put them on the same misting system that way as well!

Hey guys,
I’ve had my veiled for almost a year now and I’ve gained a lot of experience caring for the different problems that arise, in happy to say that there have been no health problems, but now that I’ve got some experience I was looking into getting a panther. I know they’re a little different when it comes to husbandry, but this isn’t a post about that, I’m doing a ton of research on my own time, and will continue before I even come to a decision. My question is about where I would have to put the chameleon. I know that keeping two chameleons in the same cage is a HUGE no no, but I’m not entirely sure if keeping them in the same room, on different sides is alright, or if I would have to find a different room to put the panther? Any help is much appreciated
Hello @Pjtbug yes you can keep them In Same room , there care is very similar as well . A divider , Bamboo shades , table cloth all works well depending on your space .

@Matt Vanilla Gorilla is amazing , family owned very loved babies. He and his angel will support you with all your need or question for the life of your baby. I would suggest to pm him pick his brain . Best of luck .

Back
Top Bottom