Chameleon problems on his backside

T1 Anime

So I have a 5-6 month old veiled chameleon and he’s got a problem with his butt like part of the skins hanging out and I already made a vet appointment but I just wanted help figuring out what it might be.
D4EE6260-67EC-4A56-B7E0-AB9EA5C6C7C2.jpeg

Usually he’s also this really vibrant bright green I have a picture of him from before with what he usually looks like
5F286EEC-5FB3-4198-88BB-28AE15FAD88D.jpeg

Also he gets fed crickets with calcium dusted on him and he has a mesh cage with a uvb light and he’s by a window with a dripper and I mist him 2-3 times a day and his cage during the day is usually around 85 degrees during the day

Your baby has a prolapse and needs to go to the bet ASAP. Keep it moist and get him there now. This is an emergency.

Prolapse are serious. This is how I was trained to handle prolapse by my chameleon vet: Soak in cold water with as much sugar dissolved in the water as you can get. Soak 5 minutes and take out for 5 minutes and apply KY Jelly, then soak 5 more minutes and then take out and apply KY. Continue to do this until either it goes back in on it's own or with help from you or until you get them to the vet. If it's a male with hemipenis prolapse and he doesn't pull it back in on his own or with your help he will probably need it amputated. You can try to help him get it back in after you have soaked it for awhile and the vet will try to get it back in. If it's been out for awhile the chances of him, you or the vet getting it back in are slim and he'll probably need it amputated. They do just fine after the hemipenis amputation. For colon prolapse in males and for female it’s more complicated.

Last edited:
Your baby has a prolapse and needs to go to the bet ASAP. Keep it moist and get him there now. This is an emergency.

Prolapse are serious. This is how I was trained to handle prolapse by my chameleon vet: Soak in cold water with as much sugar dissolved in the water as you can get. Soak 5 minutes and take out for 5 minutes and apply KY Jelly, then soak 5 more minutes and then take out and apply KY. Continue to do this until either it goes back in on it's own or with help from you or until you get them to the vet. If it's a male with hemipenis prolapse and he doesn't pull it back in on his own or with your help he will probably need it amputated. You can try to help him get it back in after you have soaked it for awhile and the vet will try to get it back in. If it's been out for awhile the chances of him, you or the vet getting it back in are slim and he'll probably need it amputated. They do just fine after the hemipenis amputation. For colon prolapse in males and for female it’s more complicated.
I’ll go soak some water with sugar right now he’s usually pretty territorial to being handled so idk how this is gonna go

What do I do then he’s gotta make it till Atleast tomorrow so if it doesn’t go back in how do I keep it from getting worse over the night
I’d put him in a rubber mail with moist paper towels on the bottom and apply KY jelly. I’d have him at a vet with chameleon experience when they open. BTW I might be able to recommend a good vet if you tell me your location.

I’d put him in a rubber mail with moist paper towels on the bottom and apply KY jelly. I’d have him at a vet with chameleon experience when they open. BTW I might be able to recommend a good vet if you tell me your location.
Well I’m from Georgia and I have him a appointment booked for 2:30 tomorrow do you think it would be alright till then

Currently have him in sugar water and I rubbed some lube on it and it’s still not going back in so we’re gonna try and help him keep it moist till tomorrow
image.jpg

Hey so I just wanted to follow up they said he’s been sick since I’ve had him they said the breeder I got him from probably had bred them wrong cause he’s been sick since I’ve had him but it’s only my first chameleon so I couldn’t tell so they said the best thing to do would be to put him down the breeder I got him from had inbred him

Back
Top Bottom