Chameleon Poop inquiry...

Rfhansen328

I have a 6month old female veiled chameleon that has had a few questionable poops. They're normal other than these "egg like" things in them. She eats horned worms, cricket and other mixed worms. She is fed balanced.
I have only seen theses in like 4 of her poops since I got her in December. She's growing quickly and otherwise completely normal in behavior.

Attachments

• 1553529993621-153264253.jpg
    1553529993621-153264253.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 123
A weird thought but, since she is female and can lay eggs maybe she pooped out some developing eggs? they look egg shaped and are hard so i assume they are some sort of egg.

hmmmmm..... I dunno. What is the substrate in the cage? Could it be from some sort of clean up crew eggs or larvae. Or if you do not have Clean up bugs like isopods depending on what you used they may be in that... Did it come out that way or is this how you found it later?

I do have a dual cleanup crew. But the poops are normal on the outside. I opened it up to show the questionable bits. So I found the "egg like" on the inside of her poop.

No pebbles. The Viv has plantation soil and live plants and no additives in either. My male also lives with her but he's perfectly healthy. And my viv is custom made to hold 2 chams. With a solid separation wall between the 2.

No pebbles. The Viv has plantation soil and live plants and no additives in either. My male also lives with her but he's perfectly healthy. And my viv is custom made to hold 2 chams. With a solid separation wall between the 2.
Just out of my curiosity...with that solid separation wall in between them, can they still see each other in sight?

Could the questionable bits be from too much vitamins or calcium? Kind of like a kidney stone? I dust crickets twice a week for both chams.

Back
Top Bottom