Chameleon Poop inquiry...

Could the questionable bits be from too much vitamins or calcium? Kind of like a kidney stone? I dust crickets twice a week for both chams.
Reptile make D3 in their skin by absorbing UVB rays. Without UVB the conversion to Vit D3 isn't triggered.
However, when eaten they can be overdosed on it.

Well I alternate between vitamins with d3 and calcium w/o d3 every other day
Calcium with D3 should only be given two times a month alternating between multivitamins given 2 times a month. Pick a day of the week and rotate each week between the two. Calcium without D3 should be given at nearly every feeding.

Taking a shot in the dark here, but has your chameleon been around any plants with fertilizer beads in the soil? Pretty sure your chameleon would already be very ill if that was the case but you never know.

Taking a shot in the dark here, but has your chameleon been around any plants with fertilizer beads in the soil? Pretty sure your chameleon would already be very ill if that was the case but you never know.
OMG I was just trimming my outdoor plants and I saw that mine has those in the soil and was wondering about that as well!

OMG I was just trimming my outdoor plants and I saw that mine has those in the soil and was wondering about that as well!

It looks so much like slow release fertilizer but I don't see how the cham could ingest it for that long and not get ill.

Back
Top Bottom