Chameleon past time

So I created a drip system for my chams cage and have a few misters installed as well to control the humidity levels. As I set it up my little guy watched from his basking limb (refused to move and didn't seem bothered by my presence in his cage.) let it run for a bit and ran to the store and came home to him watching the air pockets flow through the lines. Now he's turned one line into a basking branch. Any suggestions on how to move he away from the top of the cage due to the lights being so close to him?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 93
I ran my fog system through a pvc pipe with holes drilled to let mist out and a cap on end on top of my veileds cage. She gets the benefit and still basks where she belongs. If it's up high and they can get on it...they will.:rolleyes:

Just so I didn't confuse you....What I am suggesting is running your tubing on top of your cage but put your lights on risers so your tubing Doesn't touch it.

Only reason I ran it the way I did is the flow of water, if I secure everything to the very top flow goes to one of the three droppers and none of the misters. I will try riser though for the lights. The line he lays on is 3" below the light so I'm presuming another 3" based on a riser would raise it to the preferred height?

That will probably work for now, just remember as he grows he will get taller so the light might need to be moved more. You would probably be best to hang the light as the light should be around 8" from the chameleon's back not the line he lays on. Also if you use live plants, mine likes to bask on them sometimes so as the plant grows the light has to move too. :confused:

And I ordered the zoo med hanger for the the light as of 15 minutes ago since petco and petsnart (only pet stores near the house) only had the suction cup hangers

Back
Top Bottom