Chameleon only poops when out of enclosure

Crashbandit05

Avid Member
Good evening chameleon forums fam!
As my title states, my chameleon tends to only poop when he's crawling on my arm. He literally held it for 4 days and dropped a duece this morning while I had him out and then again this afternoon while we were getting some sun.
I searched for other threads like this but came up short handed. I honestly don't mind it, as bad as that sounds, since I work at a humane society. I literally see poop all day!
Has anyone shared this similar experience?

Maybe the warm feeling of your arm on his belly makes him wanna go...
I don't know, never heard of such a thing.

My chameleon did this for a while when he was younger. I think its because while they are out they move around a lot and that seems make them go. Whats your cage set up like? maybe he needs more things to climb around on in his cage.

My chameleon did this for a while when he was younger. I think its because while they are out they move around a lot and that seems make them go. Whats your cage set up like? maybe he needs more things to climb around on in his cage.
I have a 36x18x18 so I know I'll have to upgrade soon. There's a live schefflera as the main plant with some fake vines, ivy, etc for foilage. I can upload a picture if needed, or check my progress thread "Lief the cross locale panther" for more pictures.

My panther did that for a while when he was younger. It seemed like he would only go when outside of the cage, and it even seemed like it was only when he was climbing on a specific plant outside of his cage. That behavior stopped eventually, but I have no idea why.

Some chams do that. I think they would rather do it away from their home because it is the way they do not tell predators there is an animal nearby. This does not apply to all chams but I think it is not rare.

Our panther Munsch "poops" on us all the time when he is out of his enclosure. I always thought it might be due to a quick temperature reduction "cold diuresis". I have nothing to actually prove this, and in humans it is strictly conjecture as well.

My panther poops every time he gets outdoors. Let the sun hit his back and he immediately "assumes the position". It's perfectly fine if your guy doesn't poop every day. Mine goes once a week, always has. (He's almost 4 and perfectly healthy) I usually put him on a tree as soon as we go outside to avoid my arm becoming his toilet...

Back
Top Bottom