chameleon not peeling

Chameal

She has already started and now it won't finish peeling. We made it humid for her, and she has UV rays. It is still eating well and drinking she just won't finish peeling. Please help.

She has already started and now it won't finish peeling. We made it humid for her, and she has UV rays. It is still eating well and drinking she just won't finish peeling. Please help.
Whould be helpful to know type on chameleon? I find that up-ing the heat, or keeping basking area a bit warmer works wonders with sheds. That being said, not all species tolerate a climb in temps.

How old is she? I've noticed people who get them when they are young are often surprised when, as adults, they don't shed the same way they did as babies. Some adults don't do a full body shed, they loose skin sort of "part by part" and some take quite a bit longer to shed than others. One of mine (both are adults) just pops his skin off in one day, the other does a foot here, a tail there...sometimes there will be a piece that never seems to come off....then all the sudden after a couple of months, it does.

Back
Top Bottom