Chameleon mouth open

Meg4433

Established Member
My panther has been keeping his mouth open a lot. His basking spot is around 83. Would he keep his mouth open if dehydrated. His mouth has a little yellow tint. Not sure what color his mouth should be.

It could be a few things. First is over heating. They will open there mouths to cool themselves down. Second it could be a respiratory infection.
Can you use the link in my signature below to ask for help and paste it here?

If it's a panther chameleon then its normal for it to have a yellow tint to the inside of the mouth.

Does he keep it open when not in the basking area. Try turning off the basking light for a few minutes and see if he shuts it. Does your chameleon wheeze or have excess mucus in its mouth?

It could be a few things. First is over heating. They will open there mouths to cool themselves down. Second it could be a respiratory infection.
i couldn't figure out about asking for help. But I will give you info. He's a 10 month old panther eats a lot. In a 2x2x4 cage so it's a big cage. Basking temp 83. Live plants. Cool must humidifier so humid should be fine. UVB light heat light calcium without d every day except when I do calcium with d every other week. Then alter week mulitviitamin. He had an ri infection awhile back he doesn't have any mucus or popping noises. The heat is not too high. Am taking to vet on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom