Chameleon limbs??

Hporter

help! Is my chameleon sick? She is around 4 months old, eats well but recently her front legs look like this? Is this normal ?

Photos

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 74
I've had her about 2 months, sprayed regularly, mainly meal worms and locusts, vitamins lightly dusted on feed. Set at around 80.

Ok so around 4 month . How long have you had her ? Many pet stores do not set up enclusers correctly and sell sick chameleon. Was she from petsmart or petco ?

When you answer the questions the answers need to be specific and informative so we can help you.
However...your chameleon appears to be suffering from MBD. Did the arms only become like that recently?
We need to know specifically what brands of supplements you use and how often you use each one. We need to know what you are feeding her and what you feed/gutload the insects with. Were looking to see if there is a balance in the nutrients she's getting.
We need to know what UVB light you are using and is it sitting on screen. We need to know the basking temperature...do youneven have a basking light and what bought it is.

To treat MBD it's best for her to see a vet. She will need liquid calcium sandoz or calcium gluconate to strengthen the bones and muscles, etc again. She will also need the proper supplements and well fed/gutloaded insects, appropriate temperatures, water provided properly, and UVB light.

In addition, being that she's a female she can produce eggs without being mated and needs an appropriate place to dig in her cage so you will know when she's ready.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Yeomen, female approx 4 months
  • Handling - Once/twice
  • Feeding - Appox 10 locusts per day + greens
  • Supplements - Nutobal
  • Watering - Spray 4 times per day
  • Fecal Description - Light green no checks
  • History from pet shop at 8 weeks

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Wood / glass viv
  • Lighting - daily light 7 - 7
  • Temperature 75w 80 set in thermometer
  • Humidity - Spray
  • Plants - Plastic
  • Placement - Top of cupboard
  • Location Walsall

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

#1Jun 10, 2005
Last edited: Jan 20, 2010

Ok so around 4 month . How long have you had her ? Many pet stores do not set up enclusers correctly and sell sick chameleon. Was she from petsmart or petco ?

A local pet store (pets supplies on line) I didn't buy her on line, the store is local. I've had her about 8 weeks, This has happened recently

Back
Top Bottom