Chameleon keeps going to the same spot

Isaiahht

My chameleon will always go to the same spot any thoughts?

Attachments

• 16811755740362091029633612065871.jpg
    16811755740362091029633612065871.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 39
Hi. Definitely ^^^. They have their ‘usual’ sleeping spots. I know it’s the top area of the enclosure, but I’m not seeing a whole lot of branches, vines or any live plants. Not having enough little chameleon roads and spots to take shade and hide in is stressful for our scaled buddies.

Sorry for the late reply I need to know something else she has been trying to shed for almost 2 weeks should I be concerned?

My chameleon is a female, do not know the age, it has been in my care for about 8 months. I handle my chameleon 2 times a week. I feed my chameleon hornworms, silkworms, cricket, dubia roaches, and waxworms feeding 2-3 bugs every 3 days sadly
I have not been gut-loading :(. Supplements are Lugarti bee pollen, Lugarti reptile calcium without D3, Zoo Med Reptivite vitamins with D3. I use a auto mister every 12 hours for 1 minute most the time I do not see my chameleon drink. Her poop is brown consistency is soft has and lumps never been tested for parasites. History got her from a family that was not feeding her misting her etc. Her cage is a screen dimension are 24 by 24 by 48. Lighting is zoo med T5 5.0 uvb the light is on a timer for every 12 hours. The temperature ranges from 69-75Fshe does not have a basking spot lowest at night is 69F I measure this with a thermometer. I do not know my humidity levels "just going to skip this". I am not using live plants. My cage is located in my room it is by a air vent. I am located in California in the forest. Note if a missed something it's because I'm falling asleep will post pictures when I wake up.

My chameleon is a female, do not know the age, it has been in my care for about 8 months. I handle my chameleon 2 times a week. I feed my chameleon hornworms, silkworms, cricket, dubia roaches, and waxworms feeding 2-3 bugs every 3 days sadly Why sadly? This is perfect and will help prevent her from producing too many eggs, too often. Not only does that greatly reduce the risks for serious egg laying complications such as egg binding, but is less stress on her body which will prolong her life. Just don’t forget to give treats. On the weekend when I don’t feed my chams is when I give them treats - just 1 of the yummy treat bugs.
I have not been gut-loading :(. Now this is the sad part. You don’t have to specifically “gutload” in the true sense, but you do need to keep your feeders well fed and healthy. That way they are so much more nutritious for your cham. Supplements are Lugarti bee pollen Careful with bee pollen. Too much has caused edema in some chams. I feed the pollen to my feeders (just a very small amount) instead. , Lugarti reptile calcium without D3, Hoping this is used for every feeding except when using a different supplement Zoo Med Reptivite vitamins with D3. Hoping this is used at one feeding every other week I use an auto mister every 12 hours for 1 minute Most definitely want to change that to mist for 2 minutes (if able) in the early morning before lights on and evening before lights go off. Although it’s optional, I like to add a 1 minute mid day misting just to make sure my chams are drinking enough. Some use a dripper for 15-20 minutes mid day. most the time I do not see my chameleon drink. Perfectly normal. (It’s a cham conspiracy 😁) Her poop is brown consistency is soft has and lumps never been tested for parasites. Always a good idea to have a parasite check. History got her from a family that was not feeding her misting her etc. This is super sad, but so wonderful that you saved her and are giving her a good life. 🤗Her cage is a screen dimension are 24 by 24 by 48. Lighting is zoo med T5 5.0 uvb the light is on a timer for every 12 hours. Both are perfect The temperature ranges from 69-75Fshe does not have a basking spot Why not? Is that planned or you just don’t see her basking? She should have a branch/vine which is 8-9” below her lights which she can bask on. Then the temp at that branch should be around 80. She needs to be able to warm up so her body can function better. lowest at night is 69F I measure this with a thermometer. I do not know my humidity levels "just going to skip this" Hmmm…(looking at you over my glasses…you can’t just skip that. Humidity is important. Too much during the day can result in problems such as respiratory infection. Ideal range during the day is between 30-50%. At night since you have a temp just below 70, you can use a humidifier for a few hours to boost humidity. . I am not using live plants. (looking at you even harder over my glasses) You need to replace all of them with safe, clean live plants. Pothos is excellent for chams. I like putting a tall plant at the center like a schefflera too. Veileds nibble plants, especially the girls. It only takes one nibble of a fake leaf to cause a potentially fatal bowel obstruction. Once you have lots of beautiful live plants, move the fake ones to the outside of the enclosure to give your little beauty more privacy. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/ My cage is located in my room it is by a air vent. Is it blowing directly on your cham? If so, you will want to divert the air flow. They have little covers that do that. I have one that attaches with magnets. Super easy to put on/take off. https://www.homedepot.com/s/Air vent deflector?NCNI-5 I am located in California in the forest. I’m jealous Note if a missed something it's because I'm falling asleep will post pictures when I wake up. Yes, please. Pictures say so much more.
Does your lady have a lay bin? Has she ever laid eggs that you’re aware of? Do you need any info on the whole process? Just say the word and we can go over it. :)

259255F6-F4D5-4EE9-883B-2568FCB01470.jpeg

My chameleon does have a lay bin I have seen my chameleon diging but never seen eggs. Question I was thinking of breeding my chameleon anything I should know?

My chameleon does have a lay bin I have seen my chameleon diging but never seen eggs. Question I was thinking of breeding my chameleon anything I should know?
Had you dug up the lay bin and didn’t find eggs? How long ago was that? It’s usually best to have your female go thru at least one cycle of laying infertile eggs before breeding her. Then learn everything you can before you need to know it. I haven’t bred or raised babies before, but it is definitely something that you need to be prepared for in all aspects.

She look way thinner just a few days ago I look at her and thought she was fat. She was digging for about 1 hour and yes she covered her holes.

She has not moved one bit. She only turns green if the lights are off.

Attachments

• 16812521115336721899922950235697.jpg
    16812521115336721899922950235697.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom